Yorick bot vs Singed/Soraka = loss ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hikaru Genji

11-13-2011

Manamune isn't necessary if you get scaling MP5 runes. W and E are pretty much always on cooldown when I play. For masteries 0/21/9 or 0/9/21 do well. I currently run 0/9/21 with Revive and Promote, and save my Revive for when I 1v2 bot. I'll ult, kill one of them, have the other low, then Revive to cover my tower or finish off the last guy. I find with Revive, I can hold my bot even if ganked or outnumbered.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

11-14-2011

I start out with a Prospectors blade and boots(yorick). Singed is one of the trickier champions to face, but not completely impossible. It's all about the play style, as singed has a predictable pattern you can actually turn this into your favor.

Basically, singed will : Slow>fling into poison. Once he throws his slow drop WE on him. Activate your Q already. Now he will fling you, but trade you for the Q. With the movementspeed buff from Q you can leave his poison VERY quick, and now he has nothing on you. with a bit of luck you end up just a bit ahead damagewise. But now you can famine some back from minions, and he can't.

I've not had trouble with singed using this pattern. And if you just need to run. Just whack some random minion with Q and run. if you have triforce, even with his ulti he can't keep up. Yoricks Q has a MASSIVE movementspeed buff.

Elealar

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Genji View Post
Manamune isn't necessary if you get scaling MP5 runes. W and E are pretty much always on cooldown when I play. For masteries 0/21/9 or 0/9/21 do well. I currently run 0/9/21 with Revive and Promote, and save my Revive for when I 1v2 bot. I'll ult, kill one of them, have the other low, then Revive to cover my tower or finish off the last guy. I find with Revive, I can hold my bot even if ganked or outnumbered.
If you go FH+Odyn's for tanky items tho, it is the biggest single source of AD on the map (since no BT). Which is something to consider, at least.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

Quote:
. I currently run 0/9/21 with Revive and Promote, and save my Revive for when I 1v2 bot. I'll ult, kill one of them, have the other low, then Revive to cover my tower or finish off the last guy. I find with Revive, I can hold my bot even if ganked or outnumbered.
what 9 in defense?

Hikaru Genji

11-14-2011

1 Revive 3 MR 2 Armor 3 Mana -> HP5

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

Quote:
1 Revive 3 MR 2 Armor 3 Mana -> HP5
Nice, thats actually what I figured if going with a Manamune 0/9/21 build. =D. been using that setup last 3 games. lol

also.. Guardian Angel is trolltastic with his Ult and Revive. >.< .. its almost like Yorick doesn't know he is supposed to be dead..... O.o

lastly,,, really want a yorick skin to go on sale lol. really having fun with him

Finanzamt

11-14-2011

Quote:
Sheen does nothing for you versus Soraka or Singed. You shouldn't be in melee range unless they're already almost dead and running for their lives.
Same with Merc treads, Phage, TF....

I've never lost a lane vs. Soraka or Singed, in Dom or any game mode.

Tear, CDR boots, then AD. TF is worthless when you need to actually be in melee range to harass. Constantly harass with W and E. Note that you should never build CDR faster than you can support it with your mana regen. Focus on pushing the minion wave. remember that Q W E all can harass without you having to be in range of any threat. Once your ghoul spawns, you're golden.

Longest Yorick 3v3 win streak: 16 games
Longest Yorick Dom win streak: 12 games

Never built TF once.
pretty much this.
except i go for 40% cdr.

9/0/21 - i know, it seems like a caster setup, but i just love the cdr.
exhaust / promote
red : your choice
yellow : hp/lvl
blue: flat cdr
quints: ms

boots - tear as first items.
cdr boots - spirit visage for 40%cdr (more dmg than manamune for the time being)
then manamune - catalyst
then i upgrade either the catalyst to an odyn's (banshee's) or get an atma's.
my last item is almost always a frozen mallet.

this item setup and my playstyle gave me an almost 90% winchance for my lane in both gametypes with yorick.

but surprisingly yorick gets banned more often than i thought these days

edit:

is manamune necessary?

necessary not ... but it is one of the best items (per gold) in terms of AD (remember I spam like hell with 40% cdr and I'll buy a catalyst)
and i find tog very good against champs that challange Yorick ... like Singed or Heimer
You can spam and harass like a boss with tog / manamune and 40% cdr.

greetings

IS1429332aa9b633

11-14-2011

The build I use:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/yorick-a-dominion-guide-136642

I prefer to take Promote instead of Garrison, my masteries are 9/11/10 with points in Promote, XP and mana regen.
And for quints, you can take whatever you want, HP or AD quints work well.

Some people really wonder how Yorick can do so much damage...

Darmival

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl SGM View Post
The build I use:
I prefer to take Promote instead of Garrison, my masteries are 9/11/10 with points in Promote, XP and mana regen.
And for quints, you can take whatever you want, HP or AD quints work well.
Promote definately better than Garrison, no comparision.. however your masteries don't make a lot of sense, you've watered yourself down a lot by being so spread out ( magic pen from offense only helps W as far as I can tell so it isn't worth it )

As far as quints I've been running movespeed.. although I think I am gonna test out 3 -5% time dead quints along with the -10% from good hands for even faster returns to battle.. hehe

[ Thanks out to Hikaru Genji for advice ]

Warrrrax

11-14-2011

Tear is out, for dominion. Not needed.

Instead, start with Prospectors blade and boots.

I personally grab an Ionic Boot and a Brutalizer as my first items along with a Negatron cloak.

This gets me to 40% CDR, ASAP. It ensures that I can spam W,E very very often, plus boosting the ghouls (yeah the brutalizer armor pen is kind of wasted, but the CDR is what is valuable)

Negatron early is valuable since most bottoms are magic based. The Blade boosts you, ghouls, and the survivability and slight sustain boost are very worthwhile and can ensure you can go offensive. Which is to Exhaust their dude, run in with Q and beat them down with W/E/Q as you chase. When you get a kill like that, you get to cap their node and put your team to a strong advantage.

I've had no issues vs Singed. I stay away from him and my W slows. Ghouls beat him down till Im ready to engage and kill him with Ult/Q/melee.

Soroka ive done fine against by hitting her with W (maxing this 1st). You get a bit of extra range against her thanks to the AoE. So you can clip her with it, and she cant spam starfall and keep herself healed.