Yorick bot vs Singed/Soraka = loss ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mufins

11-12-2011

ryze counters both singed and soraka pretty hard since soraka's armor buff from her heal is uselss against ryzes damage and singed is easy to harass.

from my experience though, yorrick destroys ryze bot lane because he can outpoke and outsustain him.

JayceJa

11-12-2011

yorick beats singed in my experience, if he comes to fling and harass me, just start hitting him, when he backs off i famine some minions and get back the health i lose

soraka beats yorick early though

Kalcos

11-12-2011

Against Singed the biggest problem is he will out push you with his poison. Yorick relies on his minions to clear creeps but they die fast in poison. You need to zone him out aggressively don't let him run around poisoning the creeps. MR and HP regen (Chalice instead of ToG, maybe an early FoN) counters his poison.

Soraka is tough for Yorick since her W gives her sustain and huge armor buff. QSS is a must it clears the MR debuff (-120 MR wtf) which makes Starcall really hurts. Again MR items like FoN are good against her and from my experience of playing as Soraka, the toughest opponents usually have on-hit slow so maybe consider a Frozen Mallet as well. When you have some MR and watch for the Starcall stacks and use QSS when needed, you should be able to beat up on her.

TouchinMyself

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
yorick beats singed in my experience, if he comes to fling and harass me, just start hitting him, when he backs off i famine some minions and get back the health i lose

soraka beats yorick early though
On what planet does yorick beat singed? When i play singed against yorick on bot i just pretend he is not there and push minions because his minions do nothing to me and early game yorick has **** Melee damage. Between catalyst and the health relic i can comfortably just go on my business like he was never even there.

Once he starts getting items he can hurt but by then i have a sunfire cape and ROA and still dont care. Poison + sunfire = useless minions for Yorick and no sustain if he tries to attack me. I just trololol and if he is stupid enough to attack me i fling him into my poison and keep trololol.

I love going against yorick as singed its easy as hell and a guaranteed 2v1 on bot for my team.

JayceJa

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
On what planet does yorick beat singed? When i play singed against yorick on bot i just pretend he is not there and push minions because his minions do nothing to me and early game yorick has **** Melee damage. Between catalyst and the health relic i can comfortably just go on my business like he was never even there.

Once he starts getting items he can hurt but by then i have a sunfire cape and ROA and still dont care. Poison + sunfire = useless minions for Yorick and no sustain if he tries to attack me. I just trololol and if he is stupid enough to attack me i fling him into my poison and keep trololol.

I love going against yorick as singed its easy as hell and a guaranteed 2v1 on bot for my team.
then you've been playing crappy yoricks

yorick outdamages singed by far early, and catalyst doesnt give proc nearly frequently enough to save you
you fling into poison, he just drops a slow on you and beats you to death ignoring everything you can do

Hikaru Genji

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
Yesterday I was playing Yorick bottom for several games, having quite a bit of fun......... but then I ran into 2 games in a row where I got pounded on bottom..

Soraka = Starfall+Sustain lets her kill my ghouls and shove lane down my throat

Singed = Poison trail kills ghouls, his slow > Yorick's and he would just run in and fling me around..... again I lost lane.

How do you counter either of them as Yorick ? My item build was :

Boots1+ToG -> Manamune -> Sheen -> Merc Treads -> Phage -> Zeal -> Trinity Force -> Spirit Visage -> Tanky stuff .......
Sheen does nothing for you versus Soraka or Singed. You shouldn't be in melee range unless they're already almost dead and running for their lives.
Same with Merc treads, Phage, TF....

I've never lost a lane vs. Soraka or Singed, in Dom or any game mode.

Tear, CDR boots, then AD. TF is worthless when you need to actually be in melee range to harass. Constantly harass with W and E. Note that you should never build CDR faster than you can support it with your mana regen. Focus on pushing the minion wave. remember that Q W E all can harass without you having to be in range of any threat. Once your ghoul spawns, you're golden.

Longest Yorick 3v3 win streak: 16 games
Longest Yorick Dom win streak: 12 games

Never built TF once.

xBest Sodium Na

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2011

Just force them to focus on your ghouls and farm minions in the mean time

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Genji View Post
Tear, CDR boots, then AD.
Never built TF once.
what AD items specifically?

Hikaru Genji

11-13-2011

Manamune -> Brutalizer -> Sanguine Blade if dominating, otherwise more tanky items.

The best bang for the buck is Brutalizer. AD + CDR + ARP = win. Speaking of which, runes... I run full ARP, and then either Armor/MR, or scaling MP/5 -- the latter makes it so you don't even need to go Manamune.

Upgrading Brute to Ghostblade gives you 15%, 15% from CDR boots, get 10% from Masteries or Spirit Visage. Or don't upgrade Ghostblade and get Frozen Heart. Depends on what you're laning against.

Darmival

11-13-2011

Is Manamune really necessary ? You can't spam early but by mid-late game it feels like mana isnt too much of an issue.

and what Masteries tend to be best?