Ryze nerf for Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

Senior Member

11-12-2011

I use it frequently on Maokai and Amumu, it works well with both their kits.

Dunno about others beyond those two, sometimes I pick it up on a Bruiser, I honestly love the **** out of it's active (400 damage AoE nuke? Yes, please.).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ASheepHurrDurr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-12-2011

If you change his snare to a slow he is balanced

Easy as that. The damage he does is not better than another fed caster, or god forbid, a fed leblanc. The only thing that might need tweaking is his snare, even adding a bit of travel time onto it would make him less strong


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
He's top tier on SR as well. Surprised it took this long for people to realize just how broken he is.

Let's give one of the easiest champs in the game the ability to stack pure tank items and do incredible damage... BRILLIANT!
his Q used to do 20% more damage

and people complained when it got nerfed


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
his Q used to do 20% more damage

and people complained when it got nerfed
Do you remember that everyone thought he was garbage tier after his rework?

Man, that was some funny stuff.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TouchinMyself

Senior Member

11-13-2011

Ryze can be pretty scary in the right hands but he is completely manageable as well. On top of that he has a very high skill ceiling which evens things out.

Ryze is fine can we get back to the Yorick QQ now please.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalarepa

Senior Member

11-13-2011

Nerf? No. But if I would have 1 more ban, I would definitely ban him.

@up Ryze high skill? Let's be honest. All you need is to build the right items, use smartcasting and learn the order of casting spells.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XaoGarrent

Senior Member

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
He's top tier on SR as well. Surprised it took this long for people to realize just how broken he is.

Let's give one of the easiest champs in the game the ability to stack pure tank items and do incredible damage... BRILLIANT!
...

Why are people this stupid.

Some fun facts for everyone:

Other champs also benefit from a large mana pool and can afford to build tanky mana granting items if they need additional durability. Some of such champs are Swain and Kassadin, both of which have ults that indirectly scale off mana, the first via duration and the second in damage and travel distance. It's interesting to note that both of the mentioned champs can plow through a mana bar twice the speed Ryze can, meaning that they actually get more use out of the mana pool itself.

Champs with strong AP scaling have a wider variety of useful options available to them that Ryze does not, including the above two mentioned champs. A Ryze will get substantially less value out of building an Abyssal, Zhonia's or Rylai's, and some things such as the Void Staff, Rod of Ages or Will of the Ancients, while useful on Ryze will give more benefit to other types of casters. Never underestimate what several seconds of being completely untargetable can do for you, as well as being able to slow anything on demand with any spell cast.

With the above noted, Ryze has more or less one build, and as such you can expect certain things out of him every game. Many other casters have a wide variety of options allowing for greater customization per player preference and greater ability to counter build the opponent as well as prevent being counter build against. When you see a Ryze, expect that he'll have a Tear, Veil and Frozen Heart, as well as that he'll likely build his void staff late, and make some of your own build choices accordingly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaoGarrent View Post
...

Why are people this stupid.

Some fun facts for everyone:

Other champs also benefit from a large mana pool and can afford to build tanky mana granting items if they need additional durability. Some of such champs are Swain and Kassadin, both of which have ults that indirectly scale off mana, the first via duration and the second in damage and travel distance. It's interesting to note that both of the mentioned champs can plow through a mana bar twice the speed Ryze can, meaning that they actually get more use out of the mana pool itself.

Champs with strong AP scaling have a wider variety of useful options available to them that Ryze does not, including the above two mentioned champs. A Ryze will get substantially less value out of building an Abyssal, Zhonia's or Rylai's, and some things such as the Void Staff, Rod of Ages or Will of the Ancients, while useful on Ryze will give more benefit to other types of casters. Never underestimate what several seconds of being completely untargetable can do for you, as well as being able to slow anything on demand with any spell cast.

With the above noted, Ryze has more or less one build, and as such you can expect certain things out of him every game. Many other casters have a wide variety of options allowing for greater customization per player preference and greater ability to counter build the opponent as well as prevent being counter build against. When you see a Ryze, expect that he'll have a Tear, Veil and Frozen Heart, as well as that he'll likely build his void staff late, and make some of your own build choices accordingly.
Yeah, bro. Let's see how much damage Swain and Kassadin do with three Frozen Hearts. I already laugh at them when they attempt to build tanky as it is.

Ryze has one optimal build, but any idiot can stack a ton of mana from anything and do very well with him. That's what matters.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XaoGarrent

Senior Member

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Yeah, bro. Let's see how much damage Swain and Kassadin do with three Frozen Hearts. I already laugh at them when they attempt to build tanky as it is.

Ryze has one optimal build, but any idiot can stack a ton of mana from anything and do very well with him. That's what matters.
Try one Frozen Heart or Veil and over 500 AP from a Deathcap, RoA, and whatever other two AP items you feel like.

And if you're laughing at a Tanky Swain, he's laughing harder as he facerolls you with 500 AP and enough EHP to make Jax need a real weapon. Don't even get me started on Kassadin, it's hard enough to stop a guy with a built in 3 second CD blink, a slow and a silence without durability.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adhlas

Senior Member

11-13-2011

Learn to counterpick Ryze. Also, as a frequent Ryze player, just because you get armor out of your mana items and some magic resist out of Odyn's veil, doesn't mean a well-timed Last Whisperer or Void Staff combined with a good spread of damage output (physical vs. magic), with a little sprinkle of CC can't take down Ryze easily.

Yorick QQ.