Ryze nerf for Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

11-12-2011

Ryze definitely has moments where he spikes to OP but it's not all game long. Usually when he finishes his first defensive mana item he shoots up, but levels out when other players get MR. Void staff is always a problem though as mentioned.

FDru

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrongsword View Post
If he really is this well kept secret of super overpowered-ness it is a REALLY well kept secret despite all these threads I see about him
Yeah.. it's not a secret. At all. He's picked every single game in draft mode.

There are better bans (IMO), but I see him banned occasionally also.

Stimuz

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
There are better bans (IMO), but I see him banned occasionally also.
Yeah, like Sion you hater.

Nekrogen

11-12-2011

It is very easy to come across a bad Ryze. Ryze is only problematic when he is played optimally and built correctly (toward to enemy team). In fact there was a time not too long ago when you beat me as Heimerdinger while I was on my smurf (lvl 30, but no mana runes), and all I can say is that it was a massacre lol. I'd say he is OP in the right hands, but he certainly doesn't need a nerf.

Hell, Urgot in the right hands is OP as hell. Always lands noxian grenades, always win lane huehuehue.

mufins

11-12-2011

as far as I'm aware, no other champion except ryze hard counters tanky dps which just so happens to be the current dominion meta. the solution isn't nerfing ryze, but to make more champs like ryze so tanky dps aren't so dominant. Ryze as a champion has plenty of counters, but pretty much all of them suck against the dominion tanky dps meta.

Stimuz

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
It is very easy to come across a bad Ryze. Ryze is only problematic when he is played optimally and built correctly (toward to enemy team). In fact there was a time not too long ago when you beat me as Heimerdinger while I was on my smurf (lvl 30, but no mana runes), and all I can say is that it was a massacre lol. I'd say he is OP in the right hands, but he certainly doesn't need a nerf.

Hell, Urgot in the right hands is OP as hell. Always lands noxian grenades, always win lane huehuehue.
Honestly building correctly is the biggest issue. Same with soraka, both are very easy champions to play but hard to build since they are so gear driven. QWE mashers with smartcast on are like 95% as effective as a ryze doing a rotation when geared out.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

remove Odin's veil, Its only good on champs that are already good. Its not a replacement for banshee's veil. REMOVE ODIN'S VEIL.

Sing a Ming

11-12-2011

i haven't seen a problematic ryze. akali and kogmaw are way too op compared to him... not to mention they have no problem with him...

Phourc

11-12-2011

Ryze is a tanky caster, but his damage never gets to the levels of amazing since he scales only off of the few defensive items that have mana, with a smattering of AP (.2 scaling wat!) He also never gets super tanky because he's locked into a very specific build. I think my dominion core puts me at 2300 HP, 180 armor and 90 magic resist at 10,000 gold in. AKA, the end of the game.

He's very weak against CCs, especially silence since he gets free spell vamp while ulting, and burst damage since his kit is built around surviving a sustained fight. If you're a caster, do your rotation and get out, Ryze can QEQWQRQEQWQ all day if he has enemies that will let him.

Oh, and good news if you're having problems with Ryze: without strength of spirit next patch, he loses that 1% of his mana in HP5, which will really hurt his sustain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
remove Odin's veil, Its only good on champs that are already good. Its not a replacement for banshee's veil. REMOVE ODIN'S VEIL.
Wasn't intended to be as far as I can tell. It's more for tanks who still need some way of being threatening.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

Except is bad item for most tanks. I think its only acceptable on maokai. Acceptable, I still play a lot of maokai and I never get it.