Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you play Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AznBoySam

11-12-2011

I haven't been on for about 4ish months because of my school's competitive marching season and I've been wondering how do you play this mode?

My friends haven't been telling me any helpful hints other than play rammus and I can't find any video guides.
I don't want to bother my team because I can't play the game, but all custom games I join never fill up.

Can someone tell me strategies and tips on dominion?

On a separate note: Dawson (my school) is ranked 8th in Texas ^_^

Señor Pancho

11-12-2011

here's a few tips for you and your friend. new players are always welcome, and needed

1- you can do good with ANY champion. some of them just increase your chance of winning if you are actually good with them (poppy, kog, jax, shaco, yorick, mao etc)

2- bottom lane is the most important aspect of dominion. it's basically the backbone of your team. if you send a solid bottom lane champion (yorick, heimer, malz, mao) and you manage to not only hold your turret but also neutralize your opponent's, your team will be in a good spot.

3- minions are VERY useful. they give you bonus XP, bonus gold and they can greatly help you neutralize/cap a turret

4- if you lose the initial windmill fight (top) it's not a big deal. regroup and re-assault it. if your team dives the turret to kill the defender(s), and you are playing a champion with low DPS, you can just discretely cap the turret while they are fighting. this will make the turret not shoot and will force someone to attack you to cancel the channeling.

5- the fog of war is only in the middle of the map, around the 2 crystals (very center) and the 2 exits of each base also have these fog of war "bridges" you can use to sneak unseen into the jungle

6- if you have 3 nodes capped, its a good idea to remain close to speed shrines in the bushes to be able to quickly assist any point being attacked. if you stay top, and bottom is getting attacked, you wont be able to be there in time.

7- the "recall" is very fast, unlike in SR. abuse it.

Vydelar

11-12-2011

An addendum to #3. Minions Hurt. Don't be like Ladeda, that guy is just pushing minions, I'm going to 1v1 him. Those minions are going to give you grief, and lots of it.