Bottom lane is too important and is destroying Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vydelar

11-13-2011

Nasus was here. Yorick is a sissy.

How exactly did this thread devolve into pick yorick or be disadvantaged anyway. There's great counterpicks for every champion, and unless your team selection was completely unbalanced to the point of uselessness (this also implies that you gear towards your bottom lane opponent, rather than what you always do) I've done Nasus vs heimer, and won and lost on both ends of that. I've had issues with graves on nasus, but i built to counter him due to him being absurdly ad.

Sure, there's always the low chance in random that you end up with the anti-team for you, (maybe a bit higher in draft if you don't draft well) but there's a lot higher chance of a team shooting themselves in the foot for not getting a champion that can do well bottom. Or not going bottom when you are the best champion for the job. This is a fixable problem, and the answer is to stand up, be the hero of the team, and choose the champion that the team needs.

The Shank

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydelar View Post
Nasus was here. Yorick is a sissy.

How exactly did this thread devolve into pick yorick or be disadvantaged anyway. There's great counterpicks for every champion, and unless your team selection was completely unbalanced to the point of uselessness (this also implies that you gear towards your bottom lane opponent, rather than what you always do) I've done Nasus vs heimer, and won and lost on both ends of that. I've had issues with graves on nasus, but i built to counter him due to him being absurdly ad.

Sure, there's always the low chance in random that you end up with the anti-team for you, (maybe a bit higher in draft if you don't draft well) but there's a lot higher chance of a team shooting themselves in the foot for not getting a champion that can do well bottom. Or not going bottom when you are the best champion for the job. This is a fixable problem, and the answer is to stand up, be the hero of the team, and choose the champion that the team needs.
This 1000000000x more.

mufins

11-13-2011

any other champ that can hold its own vs yorrick besides nasus?

KimKelley

11-13-2011

Heimer and, oddly, kassadin.

Seņor Pancho

11-13-2011

Quote:
any other champ that can hold its own vs yorrick besides nasus?
a good nasus VS a good yorick will result in a stalemate. both stacking heavy resists etc..

but yorick has the advantage of being immune to respawn timers with his retarded ult

OxBaker

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
People often blame the "solo" bottom lane for losing. However, they fail to realize that Dominion is a 5 v 5 team game. The moment the team observed that their bottom lane ally is struggling against the superior enemy bottom (say, Yorick), the team should have reacted and immediately send a 2nd man to gank bottom. Then, the 2 teammates continue pushing bottom and capture the enemy bottom tower.
This exactly. It's so easy to run around behind and gank the champ that's pushing your bot turret and then take their turret after killing them but even when people see that their teammate is about to lose bottom, it seems like they would rather just keep streaming top and follow it up with "Why you lose bot noob?".

ForgedLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2011

I totally understand your frustration. And after enough solo queue games, I have come up with a few strategies.

1) The Revive-Gank: This is something I like to do where I blow all my spells and try to do enough damage in the windmill fight. There is no intention of dying, but if I happen to, I revive gank bottom. This will either kill or force the enemy bottom to recall. This gives you and your teammate time to either neutralize or even cap the enemy bottom.

2) Simply being a ******bag: Basically, if your bottom is being pushed very hard, and you have the advantage on top and mid, then send 1 person bottom to start capping the enemy bot. Most likely, you will not cap it (unless the enemy is heimerdinger or fighting the allied bot, in which case you can neutralize/take it). But it forces the enemy bottom to come deal with you, which relieves some pressure off of your own bottom and allows them to push back.

Even with those two strategies, your bottom MAY still feed and lose you the game. But it does reduce the chances by quite a bit.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2011

As many people say you can make it 2 or 3 man bot, I do it a lot when i premade with a lot of success. Switching bottom is also good. I switch a lot with bottom.

My complain about bottom is that in the way the gobal vision is given, its a little hard/long to go from base to gank bottom undetected.

My only other concern is that in the first 6-8 minutes of the game Promote is too important. Other than that, im super fine with how bot plays out.

I find that a lot of claimed problems in dominion are because people only see dominion as 1 man bot 4 top DURING ALL THE GAME pushing. Its pretty frustrating when you get teammates with that mentality, and very easy and boring to beat teams with that mentality.

Kovas

11-14-2011

I main Kass on Dominion.

I barley lost out to a corki on bot once, but once I hit 6, it was GG.

Kass rebounds faster than any champ (excluding item-dependants)

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKelley View Post
Heimer and, oddly, kassadin.
Someone who has seen the void master...a true believer

dredzach

11-14-2011

I totally agree with OP. No one likes to bot, but when bot fails, the game is lost. When bot needs help, top is 4v3 in their favor for a time. When bot loses its turret, it often takes 2-3 champs to dig out the enemy, and you can kiss top and maybe your mid goodbye while you do that. The next time you turn around bottom has been retaken. FAIL. LOSE.