Bottom lane is too important and is destroying Dominion

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HowlingKommando

11-12-2011

There are only a pitifully small number of champions truly viable in bottom lane.

Once a champ loses bottom, he will generally keep losing bottom for the rest of the game and costs the team the game.

It's a 5v5, but often feels like the 1v1 decides the match more often than the 4v4.

Narogsun

11-12-2011

if someone is taking or has your bottom you can just take one of the enemy points forcing them to leave your bot , the enemy will never fight protect your bot more than others points .
divide and conquer

Necks

11-12-2011

Nobody is forcing you to solo bottom lane.

Perhaps you should keep an open mind? 2 bottom, 3 top is a very common strategy. It allows more of a variety of champions to go to bottom lane without suffering any weaknesses of being solo.

There's no 1 way to play Dominion, you know. You have the Summoner's Rift mindset; everyone respectfully shuffles into their own lanes like robots, the lanes all go in one direction, and you just push the towers down repeatedly until you get to the nexus and win. No, that's not how it works on Dominion.

And you don't need to start as 2 bottom, 3 top. You could start the traditional way of 4 top, 1 bot, then send a second man down to bottom later. Or you can start off as 2 bot. Choices, choices.

Vydelar

11-12-2011

That's only true because people lose at summoner pick screen due to not choosing a decent bottom lane champion. Last 2 games, it was Nasus vs Olaf, and Soraka vs Talon. Neither Olaf or Talon have any sort of pushing power, so they lose a lane that just gets shoved down their throat. Especially late game with me being soraka, I was so tanky and noone built any last whispers that it took 2-3 people to dislodge me, and as with nasus, it was to the point where their malphite who was trying to push me off the opposing point used his ultimate to dash back to the fountain to heal.

Bottom's objective in being viable relies on both people choosing champions that can stop a push of any size + 1 champion without breaking a sweat. If people don't choose a decent champion for the metagame, or top lane can't supply any gank support, of course you are going to lose for choosing a completely inferior team composition. It's much like summoner's rift meta, with carry+support bot, some sort of carry mid, tanky top, and jungle. In dominion, you need a person with strong aoe bot, hopefully some cc, and to countergear your opponents.

Necks

11-12-2011

People often blame the "solo" bottom lane for losing. However, they fail to realize that Dominion is a 5 v 5 team game. The moment the team observed that their bottom lane ally is struggling against the superior enemy bottom (say, Yorick), the team should have reacted and immediately send a 2nd man to gank bottom. Then, the 2 teammates continue pushing bottom and capture the enemy bottom tower.

HowlingKommando

11-12-2011

I think the problem with 2 bot, is that it's very easy to reinforce bottom lane with another champ.

It's more a situation where you can sometimes use 2 champs to push bot when you already have Windmill.

Seņor Pancho

11-12-2011

like necks said, it doesnt have to be an eternal duel between the 2 at bottom. you have a pantheon in your team? tell him to mandrop and get that node. then he can return to whatever the hell he was doing.

you are struggling against yorick? ping the map and call for help, or switch with another player of the opposite dmg type.

that being said, bottom is still the most important aspect of dominion. there is nothing I hate more than a weak ass bottom champion getting killed immediately while we are still fighting for the windmill. just dont go there if you have 6 solid bars of HP and 24 armor.

Stimuz

11-12-2011

L2 adapt. 1v1 stalemate is pretty easy to achieve. If you cannot then I hope you have a ganker on your team (I gank bot often as Janna, but I can also force a stalemate with any champ if I choose to bot) anytime they reach your tower. They are very vulnerable if they want to take your tower, use that to your advantage. 3v4 top doesn't mean much when you can take their bot tower for free after ganking bot. Rammus is also a VERY, VERY good ganker, especially for backing up champs who aren't tier 1 bot laners such as ranged AD's or assassins. Taunt = dead.

coffeerox

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
People often blame the "solo" bottom lane for losing. However, they fail to realize that Dominion is a 5 v 5 team game. The moment the team observed that their bottom lane ally is struggling against the superior enemy bottom (say, Yorick), the team should have reacted and immediately send a 2nd man to gank bottom. Then, the 2 teammates continue pushing bottom and capture the enemy bottom tower.
Exactly. I got blamed by a BD Rammus last night for losing bottom lane one time when the jerk himself is the reason why the team lost every team fight. Losing bottom on a 1v1 doesn't mean that somehow that caused them to lose every team fight for our mid and top. That's not any of my fault. I can only be held accountable for losing bottom, but not mid and top when I'm not the one up there fighting for it.

BD characters are the worst because they leave their entire team hanging and then wonder why the team isn't winning any fights. Then proceed to blame the entire team (or in my case, me)

When you lose bottom and they actually reinforce it. The problem with most teams is that they keep running into the front and they keep dying. The solution is to actually bypass your own mid and bottom and then take top/ their mid/ their bottom.

The thing is that when they reinforce a point, they camp on the tower and they are very reluctant to move. If they move, that allows 2-3 teammates to retake the point as they are leaving to deal with the BD's.

FDru

11-12-2011

Bot lane sucks ass. Doesn't matter if it's 1v1 or 2v2, it's still a monotonous game of tug of war in a lane and whoever wins the lane wins the game. Very seldom does bot lane not completely determine the outcome of the match. It's ****ing stupid.

I'm tired of every game being decided by who has the Yorick on their team.

Or even worse, the feeling when you hold bot the entire game and still lose because you can't ****ing leave the lane.

12345 ... 7