Riot responds well to the fandom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Denfo

11-12-2011

Especially when there have been countless threads concerning the fact that there have been no Judgements or Journal entries and the lore being sub-par at best for the entire month of October that have gone apparently unregarded by any staff member.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-12-2011

Oh be nice. I'm sure there's a valid reason for all this. Isn't the writing team understaffed at the moment?

If you want to complain about anything, complain about Eve being broken for over a year.

Anrel

11-12-2011

They have replied to some threads, but if they had to reply to every thread that was complaining about the lore, then we need never have any lore again. Tsaalyo is correct as far as I'm aware they are very understaffed, I think there is currently 3 people running the whole lore department? That could be wrong but I thought I saw a red post that somewhere.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-12-2011

See? I'm sure they could halfass some story together if they really wanted. I could write up a Shyvana judgment in five minutes if I really wanted to. But don't you want them to put in a little more effort than that?

1Eredale

11-13-2011

We seriously need an all-caps sticky thread for this kind of questions...

Denfo

11-13-2011

I mainly did this to see if there were any excuses besides 'we're understaffed' that could be used in their favor, but I was sadly disappointed. If that's all they've got, then stop writing lore and save some money, because 3 people is just stupid for ANY department concerning a game this large.

I think Riot should hold a lore contest. Announce a character design and have players write a 250-300 word bio of what they feel the character's backstory would be. If any of them are exceptional, have them work with you as volunteer writing assistants or something, even if it's just to proofread or give opinions on something you guys are writing. Don't just keep giving us this 'we're understaffed' ****. You have legions of followers that are dying to help with this, don't waste a resource as valuable as an eager player base.

Anrel

11-13-2011

So you're saying they read through hundreds if not thousands of submissions for bios, to save them time? That makes a lot of sense. The time it would take for them to get us (the lore fans) involved would only waste more time and cause more problems. As much as I would love for the lore fans to get involved it isn't pratical in the slightest I think.