When should I pick X champion over Y? Question for the better players!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimonoin

11-11-2011

Basically theres only a few champions I quite enjoy playing in this game, but I would like to know which is the "best" scenario to pick either of them over the next.

Could sound confusing but the answer Im looking from you is something like:

You should pick [Champion] when your team has [Whatever] and/or lacks [Whatever] and/or when the enemy team has [Whatever] and/or lacks [Whatever].

A good example of this would be someone like Katarina. i.e:

You should pick Katarina when the enemy team lacks CC that could cancel your ult.

You could also make your suggestion based on countering other champions like:

You should pick Akali if the enemy team picks Ezreal.

Stuff like that.

Also, "inversely" works too, like:

You should NOT pick [Champion] when your team already has [Whatever] and/or lacks [Whatever] and/or when the enemy team has [Whatever] and/or lacks [Whatever] and/or picks [Champion].

Or even all of them if you have the knowledge.

This is my list of favorite champions: (alphabetical order)

EDIT: Ill add what I have received so far, if you think something is wrong feel free to post why or your own opinion.

Akali:
* When you need to melt carries (kinda incomplete information, would love a more elaborate answer)

Alistar:
* When you have ranged squish you need to protect (kinda incomplete information, would love a more elaborate answer)

Blitz:
* When you have a bunch of people that stay together and wanna rape someone (bit confusing, the one below is better)
* You should pick him when your team lacks CC and initiation, or when you have an hypercarry that needs babysitting. CDR-Tanky blitz is excellent for that.

Ez:
* Need high dmg but the other team has no gap closers

Gragas:
* Hes meh... id say if they have a bad harasser as bot lane (kinda incomplete information, would love a more elaborate answer)

Irelia:
* Tanky high dps, k (kinda incomplete information, would love a more elaborate answer)

Katarina:
* They have little to no stun/knockup/silence
* You should NEVER pick her if the ennemy team has 2 of the following champs: blitz, alistar, fiddle, janna, cho

LeBlanc:
* Imo shes not that good for dom, but when they have many squish (kinda incomplete information, would love a more elaborate answer)

Kog:
* Other team has lots of tanky or you have someone to keep people away from you

Nasus:
* Good bot lane if you have someone that is squish and they harass alot (kinda incomplete information, would love a more elaborate answer)
* You should never pick him when the ennemy team has 3+ good slows (ashe, singed etc..) or when the ennemy team is made of bruisers.
* When the enemy bot has one of its major strengths being speed and lacking a really good harass (bit confusing, would love a more elaborate answer)

Nunu:
* If you need a great bottom pusher that doesnt need baby sitting

Ori:
* Dont use her (incomplete information, would love a more elaborate answer)

Ryze:
* Always good, dont need a reason
* You should always play ryze in dominion (Agreed with both, but sometimes he's banned or I get bored of playing him so many times in a row or someone else picks a strong bot and says "bot", good enough reason for me not to pick him, Im also looking for a bit more elaborate answers on this guy like who counters him? or "what" counters him? etc)

Shaco:
* Refer to ryze (incomplete information, would love a more elaborate answer)

Shen:
* Not good imo (incomplete information, would love a more elaborate answer)
* When the enemy team is mostly sustained damage or you have a good BD'er & only pick if you can get bot (kinda incomplete and confusing information, would love a more elaborate answer)

Singed:
* Other champs do it better, tank better, defend better, are overall better additions to a team (kinda incomplete information, would love a more elaborate answer)

Teemo:
* Lots of auto attack champions on the enemy team (correct, but kinda incomplete information, would love a more elaborate answer)

Urgot:
* You should play urgot if you want to rape bottom without any lube, especially if your target is a short-range mage.
* Soraka is bot? RAPE her with him

Veigar:
* Limited cc and no magic dmg? Welcome to VEIGAR (kinda incomplete information, would love a more elaborate answer)

Feel free to post champions of your own if you are in the same doubt as me!

Also, Im posting this in Dominion because Dominion is all I play, and this question is directly based on Dominion gameplay (which as we all know, is quite different than Classic). For example, here I would pick Ryze if my team lacks a strong bot laner.

Thank you!

Seņor Pancho

11-12-2011

blitz: you should pick him when your team lacks CC and initiation, or when you have an hypercarry that needs babysitting. CDR-Tanky blitz is excellent for that.

nasus: you should never pick him when the ennemy team has 3+ good slows (ashe, singed etc..) or when the ennemy team is made of bruisers.

katarina: you should NEVER pick her if the ennemy team has 2 of the following champs: blitz, alistar, fiddle, janna, cho

ryze: you should always play ryze in dominion

urgot: you should play urgot if you want to rape bottom without any lube, especially if your target is a short-range mage.

shhbequiet9772

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

Akali: when you need to melt carries
Alistar: when you have ranged squish you need to protect
Blitz: when you have a bunch of people that stay together and wanna rape someone
Ez: need high dmg but the other team has no gap closers
Gragas: hes meh... id say if they have a bad harasser as bot lane
Irelia: tanky high dps, k
Katarina: they have little to no stun/knockup/silence
LeBlanc: imo shes not that good for dom, but when they have many squish
Kog: other team has lots of tanky or you have someone to keep people away from you
Nasus: good bot lane if you have someone that is squish and they harass alot
Nunu: if you need a great bottom pusher that doesnt need baby sitting
Ori: dont use her
Ryze: always good (dont need a reason)
Shaco: refer to ryze
Shen: not good imo
Singed: other champs do it better
Teemo: lots of auto attack champions
Urgot: soraka is bot? RAPE her with him
Veigar: limited cc and no magic dmg? Welcome to VEIGAR

hawkraider

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shhbequiet9772 View Post
Akali: when you need to melt carries
Alistar: when you have ranged squish you need to protect
Blitz: when you have a bunch of people that stay together and wanna rape someone
Ez: need high dmg but the other team has no gap closers
Gragas: hes meh... id say if they have a bad harasser as bot lane
Irelia: tanky high dps, k
Katarina: they have little to no stun/knockup/silence
LeBlanc: imo shes not that good for dom, but when they have many squish
Kog: other team has lots of tanky or you have someone to keep people away from you
Nasus: good bot lane if you have someone that is squish and they harass alot
Nunu: if you need a great bottom pusher that doesnt need baby sitting
Ori: dont use her
Ryze: always good (dont need a reason)
Shaco: refer to ryze
Shen: not good imo
Teemo: lots of auto attack champions
Urgot: soraka is bot? RAPE her with him
Veigar: limited cc and no magic dmg? Welcome to VEIGAR
this guy has is about perfect exept of his nasus and shen info

SHEN: when the enemy team is mostly sustained damage or you have a good BD'er (only pick if you can get bot)

NASUS: when the enemy bot has one of its major strengths being speed and lacking a really good harass

Blackfire447

11-12-2011

blitz and ryze are always good...always.

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

This is an interesting thread, tempted to open up a spreadsheet.

TouchinMyself

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shhbequiet9772 View Post
What?

Anniie

11-13-2011

He's saying that other champs do it better.

TouchinMyself

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniie View Post
He's saying that other champs do it better.
Do what better? Durr

Blackfire447

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
Do what better? Durr
Tank better, defend better, are overall better additions to a team...

If his poison would constantly disrupt he'd be gr8 but Ali defends better with his ult, has better disruption and overall is better than Singed IMO....