Riven Noxian solider or Resident?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wiseman Silo

11-06-2011

She has a crimson Guard costume like talon but her story makes it seem like she's no longer afiliated with noxus as a city state champion.

Like how Poppy, Vayne, and Sona don't fight for Demacia but have a connection with the city state.

FractalDactyl

11-06-2011

Actually all three of those champions are Demacian city-state champions. However, back to Riven.

She doesn't live in Noxus. She is not a Noxian city-state champion. She does however, still embody the true Noxian way. This is why she has the Crimson Elite skin. I think that future Elite skins will be awarded to those who follow what it means to be a Noxian, like Talon and Riven.

Fenix12345

11-07-2011

She is still actually a Noxus city-state champ, she just doesn't agree with the stuff Swain and the Zaunites are pulling.

FractalDactyl

11-07-2011

No she isn't a Noxian city-state champion. Just because she was born there, doesn't mean she fights for them. If a battle with Noxus included arose, I doubt she would participate on the Noxian side.

Fenix12345

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FractalDactyl View Post
No she isn't a Noxian city-state champion. Just because she was born there, doesn't mean she fights for them. If a battle with Noxus included arose, I doubt she would participate on the Noxian side.
She was part of an elite Noxian military unit and my opinion was never based off where she was born, where you are born matters for absolutely nothing in lore terms. Her lore, talk, bio and general character states that she still believes in Noxus, and how do you know wether she lives there or not? She could still live somewhere on the outskirts, and she's in the League now anyway so that would be a more permanent residence. Her motives are not against Noxus at all, they are merely against individuals (Swain, Singed etc.) that have corroded and de-faced it's image. Her motives in joining the League were to "redeem" this image, so she still fights for Noxus, just not the Noxian model that is currently in place.

And just because she doesn't live there, doesn't mean she isn't a city-state champion, hypocrit.

TheNarvalOfDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

I dont know much about Riven's lore (i mean, i didnt read his judgement but im aware of why she is exiled and stuff cos i read it on several threads about her), however im not sure if she is really against Swain as many have claimed. I mean, she "lost her hope" on Noxus after her unit was killed by Singed or something like that on the ionian campaign. Now that was a few years ago under Darkwill's steering and Swain didnt participate there. In fact thats one of the misterious facts about him, he was one of Noxus best officers, quickly gaining influence and merits and yet he was ordered to not participate on that conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swain's Background View Post
His rise to power seemed unceasing until he was suddenly relegated to inactive status prior to the Ionian Invasion - a bewildering decision which reeked of bureaucratic subversion.
And now Swain is working with LeBlanc in order to, apparently, restore Noxus to its elder glory and put things back to the way they were before Boram Darkwill's coup (thats the "ideal" conception of the whole plot at least) so i dont see why Riven would be against Swain in any way

Now if we are talking about Talon... well, thats a different story

ChampChar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

what??? dude swain is trying to corrupt noxus....

TheNarvalOfDeath

11-07-2011

How can you tell that? Where did you read that? The only real thing against Swain is the fact that he wants to kill Jarvan IV. Other than that we know he wants to be ruler of Noxus, we know he has been deeply involed in the plot with LeBLanc to place himself on Darkwill's position and nothing more.

The fact that he is following the machiavellic doctrine to get there doesnt mean he wants to corrupt Noxus at all. "The ends justify the means": May be he wants to "restore" Noxus' golry at any cost. May be he sees himself as the only one able to do that (which would be much closer to his personality than the typical "he is just and ambitious ******bag" description)

Anyhow, there is nothing that truly points Swain as one of Riven's enemies/targets. I really stick to my previous post. Why would Riven be against Swain? He was the star officer UNTIL Ionia, where he had no intervention at all, so he couldnt posibly have been a part of the terrible actions that took place there. Therefore Riven shouldnt see Swain as a part of the corrupted Noxus.

Remember that the desicions on the ionian conflict were taken under Darkwill's government and there is strong evidence here that Swain was against Darkwill.

SethCypher

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FractalDactyl View Post
She should be considered Noxian city state. Noxus right now is in the a great deal of turmoil and is experiencing a a very subtle civil war. You have split factions of Noxus carrying differing ideals of what Noxus should be.

Hegoken

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman Silo View Post
She has a crimson Guard costume like talon but her story makes it seem like she's no longer afiliated with noxus as a city state champion.

Like how Poppy, Vayne, and Sona don't fight for Demacia but have a connection with the city state.
Sona, Poppy, and Vayne fight for Demacia actually, says so in the lore.

Regarding Riven, she also fights for Noxus, but only as she sees fit. If the cause for the battle doesn't suit her idea of what 'the true Noxus' would do, she won't fight.

She refuses to live in the Noxian lands until, they reform back into the old, more honorable days of Noxus.