Patch Preview: Fizz

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeutralGood

11-14-2011

Umm I think the nerf on flash is terrible. It's a nerf on champs that use it to be more effective like Alistar and rammus. IF anything I think these champs will become more passive not more aggressive. Don't make this change Riot. The rest of the changes are good.

GhostsOfRazgriz

Recruiter

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasleus View Post
To pretty much everyone with the last 40 or so replies, I have a message for you.

This is my first post, as I rarely feel the need to reply to some of you, but what I need to say is important enough that I'll actually post instead of casually glancing over it, and twitching one of my eyes in annoyance :

Riot is NOT attempting to OVERTLY nerf any characters. If you guys will pay the slightest amount of attention to the patch notes, you'll notice the nerfs are QUITE small. They effect your gameplay about as much as a BB gun would affect a tank. It's there, and it's VERY difficult to notice these changes (unless they rewrite skills, like the previous Taric stuff... which was cool )

Now - with that being said, another thing to realize with the nerfs/buffs of the characters, you have to keep in mind that Riot is aiming for an overall BALANCE to the game. They want EVERY character they've made to be seen on the Fields of Justice. I can't tell you how many games I have played with a support character like Sona when there are SO MANY MORE TO CHOOSE FROM. Riot wants these characters to be played!

Think about it this way : Why is Sona chosen more than any other support character? Everyone seems to play her in a way that makes them feel like she's better than the others. Simply put : If you have 10 support characters, and only 1 gets played often? NERF THE ONE. I love sona. I don't think she's OP, and I don't think the nerf was a bad idea. They are BALANCING The game by issuing these patches. Riot's overall goal has been to allow everyone to play with WHATEVER CHARACTER THEY WANT by keeping that playing field even.

So now, please. I would ask you all to have the slightest sense of honor, courtesy, dignity, professionalism, graciousness, thankfulness, and maybe even a sense of humility, because guess what? You didn't make this game. You are a player in this game, and yes, that is an honor, and it helps. But don't say that "RIOT IS UNBALANCING THE GAME DURR HURR IM RETARDED" when you have no idea of the things you're saying. You're probably drunk. Please go sober up.

As for Riot: There are players out here who don't post often. I would be one of them (This being my first post). I think I speak for those who don't post when we say "Great Job" and keep it up. Buffs and nerfs are irrelevant to us, because we know that you're balancing the game in a way you see fit in order to keep things applicable to not only every player, but every character. Thank you for your attention to detail.
Give this man 10 points, I agree completely and I am so thankful that Riot brings Champions to the same ratio of difficulty to usefulness. The wide variety of Items and Champions means that, even if the same champs are always chosen, each game will be different. Add the ability to play a wide range of champions and you got yourself a great game. I got into this game because of my friends, I continue to play this game because the game itself is fun, which is more then I can say about WoW and CoD.

TheCrazyNutcase

11-15-2011

He just left, with nuts!

TakashiNakamura

11-15-2011

Go to this link and bump it up over 900ppl have thumbs it up and i think there are alot more ppl who think the same so go here and thumbs up the starter so RIOT WILL PAY NOTICE TO SHEN not like they ever will tho....

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1465106&highlight=shen+buffs