So Ionic Spark...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rebonack

11-11-2011

EDIT: Whoops! Turns out that Ionic is about 1.1k less gold efficient than Wit's and Madred's! That's a lot more gimpy than I thought it was.

This thing needs buffed hardcore. Allow me to suggest a bit of a rework...

Chainmail (700)
Dagger (420)
Ruby Crystal (475)
Combine cost (705)
Total: 2300

Grants 45 armor (765)
50 IAS (1400)
300 HP (780)
100 damage chain-lightning (1050)
Total: 3995

There!

Now it's well in line in terms of cost-effectiveness with Wit's and Madred's.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

I dont mind that it sucks or else. Whats the role of this item, What is Riot trying to achieve? Maybe trying to allow Ranged AD to deal with hard pushers? A proper solution would be to REMOVE PROMOTE.

But really what is riot trying to achieve with this item?

Seņor Pancho

11-12-2011

Quote:
But really what is riot trying to achieve with this item?
they wanted to create a cool "new" toy that has pretty much the same ****ing special effect as the maelstrom in dota.

Tale Feather

11-12-2011

They wanted an option for certain melee carries without heavy AoE utilties to be able to clear minion waves faster and have better DPS in skirmishes and teamfights, that's what.

Ionic Spark has its place on certain champions. Especially pusher ranged carries, or pretty much anyone who benefits from attack speed. It matches or betters Wit's End in situations which you are not fighting an AP heavy team as HP gives you a bit more longevity to begin with.

It shares the 3rd item slot for me on me for a AS Kayle build, along with Wit's End and some specific champion-counter items.

Hugs From Momma

11-12-2011

It's not very good for the price. Brackhar said he'd review it:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1403893&page=2

Tale Feather

11-12-2011

The price could use adjustment, that's for sure. But it's use shouldn't be questioned. It's survivability + attack Speed + AoE magic damage all rolled into one, and it's very helpful in clearing creeps on a AS carry.

Granted, all in small amounts, hence the price needs a slight adjustment. But it's not a terrible item in the least.

TouchinMyself

11-12-2011

I used it on kog once, it had its uses but i was not impressed with it.

Rebonack

11-12-2011

If you compare the cost effectiveness of Spark to Kit's Bloodrazor and Wit's it becomes very clear that this item is underpowered when contrasted with other IAS/OnHit items.

If you count the magic damage as the same value as physical damage (silly I know, but it works out fine for this contrast) Bloodrazor and Wit's are both about 1.7k over-budget given the stats they provide. Ionic is about 600 gold over.

Bloodrazor and Wit's both have 1.1k greater gold efficiency. Strike my first comment that this thing needs a minor buff. It needs to be buffed hardcore.

Aikimiller

11-12-2011

I've been getting it on Jarvan lately as an early item. I normally go bot, and the AoE damage is nice in push games. It's also nice, in that it in teamfights, it's an assist generator.

I agree that when compared against similiar items, it is a bit underwhelming. However, damage on hit items are already fairly strong, and I would be wary of making too many that are too good were I in the designers shoes.

Phourc

11-12-2011

The AoE damage is actually pretty nice helping things without AoE keep bottom pushed, having said that the onhit damage feels a little low (75 to the dom minions, bleh), and as far as 'random things that give attackspeed' go it's got less attackspeed than say, malady, wit's end, nashor's, etc. making it a pretty hard sell imo.