So, I'm now negative in Dominion wins. Great.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XaoGarrent

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetisPuncher View Post
why the F are you hating on Nasus!? dude is like one of the most solid champs to play in Dominion.
His Q is harder to farm up there for a multitude of reasons, and most people are absolute trash with him on Dominion. Like I said, I've seen him played well, but honestly they always seem to be on the enemy team. When I get them, they fail to farm Q and tend to go top.

Blackfire447

11-11-2011

Duo-queue man....

OR there are only two ways to kill, one being much easier than the other:

1) Go Bot and wreck face, forcing them to 2v1 you, meaning your team 3v4s top, and USUALLY this will end in victory...But sometimes you can't carry if you gets scrubs and afks/leaver.

2) Go HARD top. Absolutely decimate the enemy team on top, I'm talking 15/2 after 8 minutes... Usually you'll be so fed you will just destoy everyone and you CAN carry, but this requires the enemy team to let you dominate them, which won't happen all too often.

So your best bet is insta-lock heimer,mao,yorick etc and destroy bot lane...

Elealar

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaoGarrent View Post
I've tried this. I've actually done this with both Graves and Swain, surprisingly. I've actually pushed a Heimer out of lane in multiple games using Graves down bot, and I've matched or beat just about everyone who goes up against my swain post 6.

The problem arises, when the enemy team realizes I'm kicking the **** out of their bottom, and sends 3 people down there, meanwhile my team can't even take top from the remaining 2. At which point, I die when they finally manage to jump me on my point (or they stun lock me before I can get to my tower, because oh look they weren't idiots and took a ton of crowd control champs), and my team says something along the lines of "noob graves/swain/whatever cant hold bot gg" despite the fact if they could hold their own top I wouldn't be having this issue at all.

What I'm experiencing seems to be the equivalent of the Jungler problem on SR. You're losing as the Jungler, so you should be ganking and holding lanes for your team better, since you're the single most game changing role there, right? Well that's all fine in theory, until you realize you've got three lanes all falling at once and no matter how good a jungler is you can only be in one place at a time. But they'll still collectively blame you for their failures, no matter how much time you spend trying to save them from their own stupidity.

What's even funnier, is I had a game today where a Yorick managed to lose bot to a Tryndamere. Solo. Our top was screwing up about as bad, but they hardly went to help their bottom because he was bodying our Yorick so hard anyway. Considering what Yorick does, this should NEVER happen. What made this even more of a headache is I was playing swain and eating up all the enemy CC top, and kiting the heck out of their team while they attempted (and ultimately succeeded) in focusing me down, yet my team couldn't take advantage of this fact.
1) Play someone who can just penta alone.
2) Play more. Bad luck passes eventually so you'll find out if it's your play or random teammates being too ****ty soon enough.

aim1essgun

11-11-2011

Against decent opponents you're not going to singlehandedly carry a game, get pentas, whatever. Maybe if your ELO is real low you'll do that, win a bunch of games and start playing against competent people who won't allow it. At that point you just have to play well every game and any bad luck with leavers/feeders will even out.

Speaking of carrying from botlane: There are 2 situations. First is when your team is competent enough to make it a fight top but are losing. In this situation winning bot and forcing help is a win for your team.

In the second case, your team is absolute balls and is getting decimated top. When they send people bottom you're not really giving your team an advantage because they've lost top so god**** bad that your whole team is dead while they 3v1 you bot, and thus everything falls apart and winning bot doesn't mean ****. In this case you can try putting someone else bot and taking your superior farm top and see if you can turn things around.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2011

my w:l is going up. I guess off people like you

sorry

XaoGarrent

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elealar View Post
1) Play someone who can just penta alone.
2) Play more. Bad luck passes eventually so you'll find out if it's your play or random teammates being too ****ty soon enough.
It's not me. In fact, I got last pick in my last 2 games and won them handily because being last pick gives me the opportunity to counterpick the entire enemy team hard. I think I'm gonna stick to draft completely for the moment. The Malphite game was painful but easy, because they took 3 strong bursty AD champs and I just sat there and ate all the damage for my team. I built a ton of armor, some HP and a Wit's End just to help with their Brand and give Malph's somewhat slow base attack speed a boost and I was set to take pretty much anything they could throw at me.

The second was harder, as my team was less competent and wouldn't work with me in fights for the first half the game, but they were mage and caster heavy, so I went Kassadin and did my usual thing which is to basically play like I have no team and be super kitey. Even if I died, between stacked Void Shift and Force Pulse bursts they'd be too weak to face my team afterwards. Towards the end of the game, the enemy team was constantly spread out in fear of me appearing out of nowhere, but by then it was too late.

XaoGarrent

11-11-2011

Ok yeah, the queue definitely pairs you with people who are destined to lose you the game to keep you at 50/50 wins. It's indisputable. I get two wins back in the positive and I'm given a team that makes a horrible team line up leaving me having to fill several picks, then a team with an Olaf who has never banned before and panic bans Amumu, then proceeds to be disconnected for the first half of the game. Worst part is my team wouldn't agree to report him, so he'll go on to make another team suffer a 4v5.

I wish they'd at least fix the ignore list so I could ignore all the people **** talking us for being bad when we're fighting a 4v5. I don't understand how they expect people to play their game and spend money on it with stuff like this, I'm currently regretting the RP I recently bought pretty hard.

Kalcos

11-12-2011

Sometimes the queue make up works against you and it maybe wise to stop playing for the day since if you keep playing you will continue to get paired up with less skilled players and lose more. It is not necessarily your fault. At some point thought I would say don't mind the win/loss ratio too much. To get more wins than losses you have to queue dodge a lot + counterpick + playing only OP champions and always in serious mode. Do you think this play style is fun? If it is then good for you and keep going you will get more wins eventually. If it is not then just pick champions you enjoy and pwn faces with it. I was once at 20 wins over losses now it's the opposite because I was tired of carrying with Poppy/Ryze/Kayle every game. Playing the same few champions is not fun for me.

Strongwords

11-12-2011

I got lot more wins the loses on dom, and got this bad lucky strike twice, but overcame it.

PrometheanRage

11-12-2011

Nothing worse than successfully holding bot against 2 opponents and watching your entire team get destroyed trying to hold mid (never even getting to windmill) against the other 3....