So, I'm now negative in Dominion wins. Great.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XaoGarrent

11-11-2011

It finally happened. I'm now one loss below wins, with no end in sight if the trends continue.

Early on, I had managed to get around double as many wins as losses on Dominion. I was pretty much making a giant impact in any game I was in being one of the few people who seemed to understand how dominion was done, and my team often followed my lead and won by a land slide. I even got people who would listen to me when I give out some basic advice on things, and would pay attention to pings and keep an eye on the map. It didn't matter who I played as long as it fit the comp, and I felt like maybe Dominion was a place a single player can make a difference.

Then started the strings of teams with AFKs or quitters, and players who were always in the wrong place at the wrong time, and the obsessive compulsive point *****s who never defended anything we had capped, and the players with 10 or less dominion wins, while we fought people with over 50, often around or over 100 wins. I could go on, the list grows long.

Then I start playing like ****, because losing 6+ games in a row to factors you have absolutely no control over really starts to wear on a man. Why I don't dodge when I hit champ select and get an obvious premade that doesn't speak a lick of english and autolocks Nasus and Veigar is beyond me. Not that those champs can't be done well on Dominion, no with some effort most champs can, but these people are almost guaranteed to not know how to make these harder to work champs get rolling, and it shows when said Nasus doesn't farm his Q at all despite the rest of the team not bothering to push waves.

Of course, the couple of times I do fight a Nasus on the enemy team, he's in the middle of every important fight, and has somehow managed to get his Q to the point where he's 2 shotting tanky DPS. People on the enemy team, seem to be organized and know how to defend, push minion waves and form solid comps, while no matter what I do my team never seems to even listen to pings or understand the most basic game play. I get priceless replies like "i'm playing with the sound off dude" or "stfu i'm playing olaf i can do whatever i want."

This is getting beyond frustrating, even when I have a 5 win streak, I end up with 10 losses like the matchmaker is trying to over compensate my winning streak. The three games I've won recently, two of them I had to play harder than I should have, and practically be everywhere at once and the last one I happened to get a Rioter in my game (RiotTroyzilla, plays a mean Karthus) who actually knew what the hell they were doing.

Is there any trick to carrying dominion? Is it even possible to carry dominion? Is the matchmaker programmed to give you crappy teams in normals if you win alot? Why. Just WHY? This kind of **** makes me want to just stop playing the game.

Yeah, I had to rant. Seriously, this is starting to get absurd. Go ahead and downvote or whatever.

aim1essgun

11-11-2011

Grats on seeing a rioter

maxusmaximus

11-11-2011

Sounds like my last couple days. Was around 25+ wins and now down to 8+. Lost 8/10 of my last games with 3 losses because of 4v5, 1 because of two trolls playing ap rammus + ad soraka, lost a game 5v4 last night because of a couple really horrible players and a couple where we just got outplayed. I dont know exactly how matchmaking works in dom but if i get a decent run happening all of a sudden i get teamed up with people who have 3 wins to their name.

Elealar

11-11-2011

It's possible to carry Dominion but some champs are more suited for it than others. If I'm playing to win I almost always play Kassadin, Ezreal, Cassiopeia or in general champions I can win almost alone with. Lately, when trying to win I've mostly played Kassadin since he's the only champion I've found without any real counters; while you can deal with counters while playing Ez/Cass/similar, the presence of one means you'll maybe be able to do your part but you probably won't be able to carry hard. You can carry with any champion but some carry harder than others and if you really want to win, you obviously play those who can carry the hardest.

That said, I'm pretty sure there's plenty of observational bias in your experience at least far as the composite goes. Mayhap you're just an average player and thus end up with near-even wins and losses? Mayhap you only remember the bad teammates and not the bad opponents or the tons upon tons of decent teammates in games you could've won. Maybe you remember others' mistakes better than your own. I don't know but I'm fairly sure your teammates aren't significantly worse than you are. Then again, it's a rant so I suppose strong subjectiveness is to be expected. Sorry to hear you've had a rough time on the map, bro. You really should take a break after a losing streak tho; it's no good playing frustrated. Let it blow over before trying again.

Klyern

11-11-2011

1- You been LoL'3d, its the lol experience get used to it, it happens all the time when you solo queve, specially now in dominion which is new and completly different, it will happen with more frequency, why? you said it yourself, because you cant....

2- You cant carry in dominion, its a fast passed game, where its almost impossible to get underfarmed, the dominion game isnt completly balanced yet, just by having certain characters you can completly zone or cockblock a whole team, or even make an impossible comeback. That is dominion, at least for now. No matter how fed you are, if not everyone in your team is careful you will get ganked trying to protect too many points, and there and there ur screwed.

3- ^ no its impossible, the champions that make you think you can are simply overpowered for dominion, but yeah well you could say that champions are carries depending on the mode you play with it, still i prefer to say they are op for dominion since its fairly obvious they are, you basically cant carry with champs that were carries previous to dominion, is what im trying to say (ie ashe).

Danjuro V

11-11-2011

Well I lost a ton of my games due to trying out different champs: Kayle, Blitz, Morg, TF, Eve, Mundo, Shaco, etc. But I started playing only as sion, and I just dug myself out of the hole. Now I probably win 75% of my games. So find one champ that you are good with and learn to win against any champ. One one the best things you can do is to bait people to use their ult prematurely.

Elealar

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klyern View Post
1- You been LoL'3d, its the lol experience get used to it, it happens all the time when you solo queve, specially now in dominion which is new and completly different, it will happen with more frequency, why? you said it yourself, because you cant....

2- You cant carry in dominion, its a fast passed game, where its almost impossible to get underfarmed, the dominion game isnt completly balanced yet, just by having certain characters you can completly zone or cockblock a whole team, or even make an impossible comeback. That is dominion, at least for now. No matter how fed you are, if not everyone in your team is careful you will get ganked trying to protect too many points, and there and there ur screwed.

3- ^ no its impossible, the champions that make you think you can are simply overpowered for dominion, but yeah well you could say that champions are carries depending on the mode you play with it, still i prefer to say they are op for dominion since its fairly obvious they are, you basically cant carry with champs that were carries previous to dominion, is what im trying to say (ie ashe).
...you've had some bad experiences, sir... And what you call "carrying" is really just finishing the game after you're a farmed carry. Sure, a superfarmed Vayne is going to carry an SR game but the real key in that game was the act of getting said Vayne farmed. What allows that, what carrying an SR game means, is that you rape your lane/the other lanes/the jungle and dominate the map and force your team win regardless of what's happening, enabling you to get ahead and constantly beating enemies in 1v1s or 1v2s through superior play.

You can do that just the same on Dominion; sure, you won't get that far ahead on items but you still get ahead on items and levels, and more importantly if you play better than your opponents you can just hold points against overwhelming odds and win fights outnumbered; that's what it takes to carry on this map (and on SR).

It's not a function of just. champions Some champions definitely do lend themselves better to pubstomping (as some champions really punish bad play severely, and some champions base their survivability on elusiveness not just defensive stats which, of course, makes them effectively immortal until you do a mistake).

However, any champion can carry given a sufficient skill difference between the enemy team players and the carry player; it's just a matter of pulling more than one player's weight alone (which happens when you're sufficiently above the curve compared to your opponents). However, most players are only masters on specific champions and thus will probably only be able to carry with those. And yes, some champions can carry games with lower skill difference and are what you are labelling as "overpowered".

Seņor Pancho

11-11-2011

you wanna increase your chances of winning? pick a good bottom lane champion (mao, yorick, malz, heimer, sivir, gragas, nasus) with summoner spells like promote, revive, exhaust, flash, ghost (nothing else)

if you win bot, meaning you either neutralize or cap your opponent's tower, they will have to send backup constantly, allowing your team to retake top effortlessly.

XaoGarrent

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Pancho View Post
you wanna increase your chances of winning? pick a good bottom lane champion (mao, yorick, malz, heimer, sivir, gragas, nasus) with summoner spells like promote, revive, exhaust, flash, ghost (nothing else)

if you win bot, meaning you either neutralize or cap your opponent's tower, they will have to send backup bottom constantly, allowing your team to retake top effortlessly.
I've tried this. I've actually done this with both Graves and Swain, surprisingly. I've actually pushed a Heimer out of lane in multiple games using Graves down bot, and I've matched or beat just about everyone who goes up against my swain post 6.

The problem arises, when the enemy team realizes I'm kicking the **** out of their bottom, and sends 3 people down there, meanwhile my team can't even take top from the remaining 2. At which point, I die when they finally manage to jump me on my point (or they stun lock me before I can get to my tower, because oh look they weren't idiots and took a ton of crowd control champs), and my team says something along the lines of "noob graves/swain/whatever cant hold bot gg" despite the fact if they could hold their own top I wouldn't be having this issue at all.

What I'm experiencing seems to be the equivalent of the Jungler problem on SR. You're losing as the Jungler, so you should be ganking and holding lanes for your team better, since you're the single most game changing role there, right? Well that's all fine in theory, until you realize you've got three lanes all falling at once and no matter how good a jungler is you can only be in one place at a time. But they'll still collectively blame you for their failures, no matter how much time you spend trying to save them from their own stupidity.

What's even funnier, is I had a game today where a Yorick managed to lose bot to a Tryndamere. Solo. Our top was screwing up about as bad, but they hardly went to help their bottom because he was bodying our Yorick so hard anyway. Considering what Yorick does, this should NEVER happen. What made this even more of a headache is I was playing swain and eating up all the enemy CC top, and kiting the heck out of their team while they attempted (and ultimately succeeded) in focusing me down, yet my team couldn't take advantage of this fact.

FetisPuncher

11-11-2011

why the F are you hating on Nasus!? dude is like one of the most solid champs to play in Dominion.