Anyone else feel like RIOT has given up on champ lore ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

11-11-2011

You know, I think they should hire a team of volunteer writers. I'd be glad to do it. I'm rather young, but every teacher I've had since fifth grade has called me a prodigy when it comes to writing. That's almost five years of pwnage writing. My problem is that I'm a perfectionist. If I mess up something, I have to go back and fix it immediately. But anyways, I say that we go out and recruit a team of volunteer lore writers who'll fix this understaffing prob.

-Jaykoboy-

wizard windelle

11-11-2011

It seems like they let anybody join, adept at fighting or not..

On a side note, I thought Fizz would be a Yordle. I am somewhat disappointed here.

LordHippoman

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexapus View Post
I especially did not like Shyvanna's backstory.
"She was a half-dragon. Jarvan knew this for some reason. She joined the league."
That... really bugged me. They better explain why Jarvan would just know this.

And Fizz's backstory was an awfully long way of saying "he joined the league."

They just haven't really focused on the qualities that allowed said champions into the League. Other champions have had a defined purpose or goal that can only be accomplished by joining the League. Trundle, for example, had a pretty well thought out backstory.

The more recent champions... I don't know, they really don't seem to have much reason for being there besides Riot's desire to churn out a Champion every few weeks.
You know, I think the discolored skin and turning into a Dragon thing might tip Jarvan off. Plus, he knew because she was getting all lynch mobbed about it.

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard windelle View Post
It seems like they let anybody join, adept at fighting or not..

On a side note, I thought Fizz would be a Yordle. I am somewhat disappointed here.
He's possible a distant relative to yordles.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1462062&page=2

I actually like Fizz's bio. While it's obviously not as detailed as a Judgement, it gives just enough information to understand what kind of character he is.

Sebastianthefrog

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warscythes View Post
Lord of the Rings is bascially about how a bunch of weirdos walked a really really long way.

Lmao, /thread

Tale of two cities is just some guy going on bout 2 places

TheNarvalOfDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf View Post
No, they're pretty bad. Or maybe us Lore-fiends are just bitter because there hasn't been a new JoJ in almost two months.
I think this is whats really happening. As someone on the Shyvanna thread about this mentioned, bios are meant to be short and then of course they would leave huge wholes on a characters story. Then we have the judgement to give us a much deeper insight on the guy and may be a JoJ article that gives us more hints.

But as we havent had any of those two in more than a month we are all "angry" and so we try to seek perfection on something that is not meant to be perfect, hell its not even meant to be really good, just to give a somewhat decent explanation on why the guy exists

GisR

11-12-2011

I hope we will actually find out what happened to the missing people in Fizz`s back story.

CARDBOARDWARRIOR

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite911 View Post
Fizz's story was basically "oh every other wierdo is doing it i might as well join too"
With this many wierdos in the league, it's starting to become a legitimate reason.

Dracorya

11-14-2011

To be fair, those 3 people are more then likely doing a lot more then merely "writing" back stories for champions. Typically in that job you are expected to do more then just what is expected of you, so they might be involved in a lot of stuff that just demands a lot of time from them.

SotLTravis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
You know, I think they should hire a team of volunteer writers. I'd be glad to do it. I'm rather young, but every teacher I've had since fifth grade has called me a prodigy when it comes to writing. That's almost five years of pwnage writing. My problem is that I'm a perfectionist. If I mess up something, I have to go back and fix it immediately. But anyways, I say that we go out and recruit a team of volunteer lore writers who'll fix this understaffing prob.

-Jaykoboy-
Since you admitted to being young, I'll let you in on a secret. I know that your fifth grade teachers called you a prodigy, but there's no way you could write to the standards required for industry level writing.

Creative designers spend a lot of time at gaming companies or in college learning how to craft stories and design worlds. You "volunteering" to help wouldn't do much.