Anyone else feel like RIOT has given up on champ lore ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adrian Ilom

Senior Member

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warscythes View Post
Lord of the Rings is bascially about how a bunch of weirdos walked a really really long way.
ring has unexplained super power, people go nuts over it

bunch of wierdos walk a really long way and throw it in a volcano

no real backstory, no real explanation as to why random strangers all have to walk around together (uh.. an elf said so, yea.. thats why)

also, why does it take so long to GET THERE but they can fly back in like an hour.. wtf, why didnt they just fly to it in the first place

whole story is an excuse to walk around in the woods and cry with random strangers over dumb things

really, a ring that can make you invisible is enough to make the whole world go nuts? its powerful sure, but wtf, really? they could have given it to golem and let him cry alone in a cave the rest of his miserable life and no one would care


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hexapus

Senior Member

11-11-2011

I especially did not like Shyvanna's backstory.
"She was a half-dragon. Jarvan knew this for some reason. She joined the league."
That... really bugged me. They better explain why Jarvan would just know this.

And Fizz's backstory was an awfully long way of saying "he joined the league."

They just haven't really focused on the qualities that allowed said champions into the League. Other champions have had a defined purpose or goal that can only be accomplished by joining the League. Trundle, for example, had a pretty well thought out backstory.

The more recent champions... I don't know, they really don't seem to have much reason for being there besides Riot's desire to churn out a Champion every few weeks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kite911

Senior Member

11-11-2011

Fizz's story was basically "oh every other wierdo is doing it i might as well join too"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexapus View Post
I especially did not like Shyvanna's backstory.
"She was a half-dragon. Jarvan knew this for some reason. She joined the league."
That... really bugged me. They better explain why Jarvan would just know this.

And Fizz's backstory was an awfully long way of saying "he joined the league."

They just haven't really focused on the qualities that allowed said champions into the League. Other champions have had a defined purpose or goal that can only be accomplished by joining the League. Trundle, for example, had a pretty well thought out backstory.

The more recent champions... I don't know, they really don't seem to have much reason for being there besides Riot's desire to churn out a Champion every few weeks.
Yup, Trundle's back story is especially decent, would eventually like to see a redeemed/cured Trundle skin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PandaCodeRed

Senior Member

11-11-2011

No one buys champions because they have awesome lore


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite911 View Post
Fizz's story was basically "oh every other wierdo is doing it i might as well join too"
He basically has zero reason to join the league.....They could have done something as simple as one of the evil mages...say Vegiar, having links to the mysterious disappearance of the civilization, so Fizz joins the league to seek out answers....

Instead we get, they got complacent, disappeared.......and that's that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaeroth

Senior Member

11-11-2011

I think Riven had a pretty nice background. Graves, Fizz are both very weak.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeroth View Post
I think Riven had a pretty nice background. Graves, Fizz are both very weak.
I agree, she does....writing teams' last stand maybe ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Excretus Maximus

Senior Member

11-11-2011

I don't like to jump on companies for not fulfilling my expectations on trivial things like this, but the writing for Fizz seemed like it was written by an 8th grade English student, to be perfectly honest.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cless

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCodeRed View Post
No one buys champions because they have awesome lore
When I first started playing LoL and was saving up IP, I had no idea who to get as my first champion. I went through all the champions lore and decided on Ezreal. Never regretted that choice, even if I had no clue that all his skills were skillshots until actually playing him. Thus, there is at least ONE person who got at least one champion based on his/her/its lore.