Ionian Lore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gage Paragrine

11-11-2011

Kinda curious. I have a thing for most if not all Ionian character concepts, from Lee Sin to Irelia, to the potentially Ionian Nine-Tailed fox. (not a discussion about her, please try to avoid mentioning her). When I try to bring up any lore about it, the website has none! Only Demacia and Noxus. From what I can gather from the news articles and concept art, Ionia is the Asian/Oceanic counterpart.

All I know is that a while ago, Noxus invaded Ionia, and started occupying it. After several years, Ionians got the political right to challenge Noxus for ownership of their old territories and to expel Noxians from their land. The fate of Ionia was down to one skirmish in the fields of justice, Ionians (and friends) vs Noxians. After watching the actual video, Udyr ate them all. Was funny to watch really. Ionia won and their lands (that have been starving and ill supplied during occupation) have rejoined with the rest of the island. Festivities everywhere, food, drink, stuff, more stuff, and all that jazz. Later on, there was an article about some festival involving a tree and some show that Shen and Akyle preformed for.
After that there has not been much mention of Ionia. Much of the news that come by monthly is about Noxian and Demacian relations, (which I don't care about, no offense guys.)

Anybody else have critical information about Ionia? Thoughts, feelings about the lonely city-state? And if any Riot people read this, is it possible for a lore page on Ionia some day? Hope I'm not asking for too much, just want Ionia to stand out a bit more.

Edit: I left out Lee Sin's burning, my bad. He is the guy who inspired Ionia to fight back by setting himself on fire until Ionia was liberated or until he died. Did not move unless people tried to put him out, he used monk healing to keep himself alive for as long as he could, people gave him flowers and stuff while he burned, etc. So Noxians, blame him... And Udyr.

TheNarvalOfDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2011

Well you pretty much mentioned everything that has been coming up on the Journal Of Justice about Ionia so far.

About ionians themselves, well they are really pacifist and self-centered in the best sense of the word, they didnt participate on any of the Rune Wars and didnt joined the League until they HAD to due to Noxus invation and occpation of ionians provinces.

RedGK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2011

tl~dr

Lee Sin is boss.

and if they didn't have leesinga what the team out of? Akali, Shen, Kennen, Irelia, Udyr, Master Yi, Karma

Gage Paragrine

11-11-2011

Self centered? Hmm... When I think self centered, I think of a guy who spits at the problems of other people and does not give a ****. Not sure if that's really the attitude they had, but if they did then owch, they kinda needed a slap in the face by reality. Maybe arrogant?

MYRealSlimShady

11-11-2011

All i know is they're a nation that's Half Chinese looking and Half Caucasian with some Yordles and practice something very close to Buddhism/Taoism/Jainism etc. (Buddhism is easiest to grasp for similarities to the real world). Don't associate Buddhism with East Asian culture, China and Japan would've been the same if it weren't for an Indian prince sitting in a cave staring at a wall, or an Old Chinese Wizard..... whatever the case is...

Prince Jarvan IV ends up becoming like Lee Sin, a Monk and go's to Ionia (practically what happened to Prince Shakyamuni Siddartha Gautuma /Buddha excluding going to any land like Ionia) , Swain is happier that way than just killing Jarvan IV .......

wizard windelle

11-11-2011

I don't understand how Ashe is Ionian. She was picked by Frozt, if i recall.

wizard windelle

11-11-2011

Also, I agree with you. Maybe Ionia is too peaceful to be in the news :P

TheNarvalOfDeath

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage Paragrine View Post
Self centered? Hmm... When I think self centered, I think of a guy who spits at the problems of other people and does not give a ****. Not sure if that's really the attitude they had, but if they did then owch, they kinda needed a slap in the face by reality. Maybe arrogant?
I didnt mean self-centered like arrogant, thats why i said "in the best sense of that word". They just dont really care about what happens on the main continent cos its all war and ugly politics. They want peace and thats why they always tried to stay away from Valoran's politics

DetectiveCactus

11-12-2011

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=810856

This is the lore for Ionia.

Gage Paragrine

11-13-2011

Oh dang thanks for the link! Awesome picture they have <.< I wanna live there now.