Malady? Does anyone use this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IEatBabies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2009

I look at the item all the time and I can't see how I would want it over the black cleaver or the last whisper. I guess if the 30 additional damage applies to magic damage as well it might be ok, but I still don't see the situation that it is super effective. Anyone? I'd love to hear it.

I would also love to see the opposite of the malady. You can get rid of atk speed, but not atk damage. So a stacking buff against master Yi or any melee would be great. I can see where I would hate it in the hands of Ashe, but that's just because I play melee. Caster's would be fine and people could stop complaining about how bad they are at countering tanks. I don't know if the item is a good idea at all, just throwing it out there.

Guess

09-16-2009

I'd agree with you. I have not found a good use for it. It's pretty useless next to other options.

Jpeg

09-16-2009

i use it on jungle warrick

Guess

09-16-2009

I don't play Warwick, but I could see it in a way if his ultimate counted on it's stacks. Otherwise why 30 dmg over 60 armor, whereas most people don't get a lot of armor, so you'd be adding upwards of 25-30% to your damage.

Jpeg

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess View Post
I don't play Warwick, but I could see it in a way if his ultimate counted on it's stacks. Otherwise why 30 dmg over 60 armor, whereas most people don't get a lot of armor, so you'd be adding upwards of 25-30% to your damage.
i do get both

remamber malady procks with any attack, if your creeps are aggro-ing their guy they deal +30 a hit. if your team is doing baron each attack is +30

Kingreaper

09-16-2009

I use it on warwick a lot, because he gets ALL the items that stack per hit a lot of the time

Guess

09-16-2009

Played a few games with Warwick... I still don't really find it useful. Cleaver adds the about the same damage with a better passive damage bonus.
Still going to say [(<Armor>*.6)-60] is better. Easily 1.5x base damage on the average non-armored hero. (I find Q takes care of the tanks much better than trying to attack them down anyways.)

Bundy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2009

Think of it this way; with malady, the passive gives each teamate +30 damage in teamfights (if you focus fire). Its invaluable.

IEatBabies

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy View Post
Think of it this way; with malady, the passive gives each teamate +30 damage in teamfights (if you focus fire). Its invaluable.
Good point...and I would say BC is better... but they can share.

PrinceLaRipper

09-16-2009

its a good item to get for its lifesteal, +atkspd, and its cheap.
imo one of the best lifesteal items to get