Kog'Maw or Malzahar? Who should I choose and why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brokroma

06-26-2010

Mal'hazar sucks, Kog'Maw does not. If you practice enough with Kog'Maw, you'll become devastating.

sacredl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2010

Quote:
Kog is effective and not hampered by cleanse. Malz is weak and hampered by cleanse.
not

The only thing which makes Malzahar bad right now, is cleanse totally countering him - otherwise I think Malzahar is very cool and played properly can pwn entire teams with his AoEs.

also, with incoming buff to Malzahar (Suppresion ftw) his ulti is going to be devastating.

Judicator Wombat

06-26-2010

I'd say Mal as you're more likely to actually get to play him since everyone else will always want to play Kog for a week or two.

Malzahearty Soup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-26-2010

Ohh! Ohh!

Pick me!

Brokroma

06-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredl View Post
not

The only thing which makes Malzahar bad right now, is cleanse totally countering him - otherwise I think Malzahar is very cool and played properly can pwn entire teams with his AoEs.

also, with incoming buff to Malzahar (Suppresion ftw) his ulti is going to be devastating.
The only thing which makes Evelynn bad right now, is oracles totally countering her - otherwise I think Evelynn is very cool and played properly can pwn entire teams with her ravage.

Okay bro.

HowlingKommando

06-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malzahar View Post
Ohh! Ohh!

Pick me!
Rofl. Maybe after suppression buff.

Makarray

06-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokroma View Post
The only thing which makes Evelynn bad right now, is oracles totally countering her - otherwise I think Evelynn is very cool and played properly can pwn entire teams with her ravage.

Okay bro.
except that evelynn isn't getting something that counters her counter

Veissdrachen

06-26-2010

You know what Evelynn would look like if she was remade to counter her counter? Twitch.

sacredl

06-26-2010

Quote:

Okay bro.
Summoner spells can't be changed in-game, and ppl buying Merc's Thread's can be exploited by physical dps.

Also, Malzahar buff has been officialy announced (same for Eve tho), but when Eve will be still relying on invisibility being countered by Oracle and wards, Malzahar's ulti will have no counter (Merc's Threads won't mitigate it as well).

So?

bro

Cat Girl Sakuya

06-26-2010

Until Malzahar's ultimate becomes suppression-style, he won't be as viable as he possibly could be.

But here are the pro's and cons's:

Malzahar
Pros:
Good farming throughout the entire game
Without cleanse, almost any enemy stands no chance against his skill combo
Good kiting
Good during teamfights, if you can land a couple spells
Cons:
Easily countered by cleanse, which is becoming increasingly popular
LUCKILY, he is not too hardly hit by treads, but his ulti gets a step down in damage sadly.
Very squishy if focused by a good carry

Kog'Maw
Pros:
Fits into the current "Poke and Push" tactic of fighting
AMAZING range on his ulti, with a almost non-existant cooldown
A move not unlike Singe's Mega-Adhesive, but it does damage and has a massive AoE
Best tank-slicer in the game, because with a last Whisper, has 90% armor penetration and will generally melt tanks, even health tanks, with Bio-Arcane barrage, which is like a free Madred with 2% more healt per hit.
A from-the-grave passive which will allow you to kill someone after you die.
Hybrid potential
Cons:
A little too squishy for a standard Physical DPS
High CD's except for his Ulti, which is .7 sec
Doesn't fair well in 1v1, but can teamfight moderately well, but his shining is in poking.
Doesn't handle phys. carries too well, will usually die 1v1 unless fed versus them.

Both are good choices, but in my opinion, Kog'Maw is the more rewarding until Malzahar's ult becomes suppression effect.