Common mistakes I see in Dominion (add your own)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

Banning akali

dredzach

11-14-2011

Rammus/Akali/Jax is not banned in draft, and 1st pick on your team instalocks Soraca.

1. If you do not own the above champs for the love of god at least ban them!
2. If you do own the above champs ask your team if they want one. Someone else can pick Soraca and swap you.

This kind of "teammates don't matter" attitude is the root of all evil on this earth. They should be scourged from existence for their selfish tendency.

Panwar

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
Building Boots of Mobility, Priscilla's Blessing, Force of Nature and Phantom Dancer on Rammus, because Powerball isn't already fast enough, right?
While I'm not a fan of backdooring builds. And I think that they are a mistake. There is no such thing as "fast enough". It makes me giddy inside to activate Ghost and Overdrive on Blitz and watch as all the Jax's and whomever struggle in vain to get their last hit off to kill me while I zoom away.

lbgsloan

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elealar View Post
Eh, if enemy dedicates resources on defending the objective point and you can 4-cap the other points and hold, that's kinda win. Let them keep their objective, you win the game. Besides, the enemy team will have to try to recap the point you got which will let you cap the objective point because enemy resources are diverted elsewhere.
Um, what? If you 4-cap a non-objective while the enemy team 4-caps the objective, you have lost that trade. Spreading out and taking 2-3 points while the enemy takes one is a good idea, yes. But that means you did not 4-cap a non-objective point, and hence did not make the mistake I listed.

Anyway, my new favourite mistake: losing the game on the selection screen. Our team captain has firstban. Bans Graves (eh, but not awful). Enemy bans Akali and Shaco. Our captain bans....Teemo. Enemy grabs Rammus firstpick. Okay, np, they probably planned for that and have Rammus counter-picks in mind, right? Our first two picks...Blitz and Shen. Enemy gets Jax and Poppy next. Everyone else on the team are basically going 'WTH we got trolled' at this point. Sadly, nobody dodges because the 15-minute wait isn't worth and we proceed to get stomped to the surprise of no one but Blitz and Shen.

mufins

11-14-2011

people who don't ban yorick

people who still think mobility is king in dominion

Temporomandibule

11-14-2011

Quote:
Really, trying any engagement where you have no chance of surviving. The only time you should engage in a fight is when you know you can slow the enemy long enough for backup to arrive, do enough damage that the enemy has to retreat, or outright kill the enemy. Rushing in and dying without doing any of the above does not help. At all.
This.

This is especially annoying when I'm playing someone melee like Singed and someone like Ryze (insert anyone with hard CC/stun) is capping my point with low health, but I'm sitting on almost no health, and then of course someone on my team will start ping mashing him and spamming the chat with 'OMG LOL GET HIM IDIOT'

*facepalm*

Other common mistakes that can make the blood boil I see at my level, in no particular order:

1) Taking top and immediately leaving to pressure a well defended bottom instead of their mid, subsequently losing top and not taking bot.
2) Sitting on top instead of in bush/jungle (mobility shrine), or in lane farming, subsequently revealing the position of your entire team unnecessarily and doing absolutely nothing.
3) 1-2 people continuing to sit on top waiting to die when they're rage-sending 4 top, instead of sacrificing top to take mid and or bottom as well.
4) Not taking Eve or Twitch's unknown position into account when trying to solo take a seemingly undefended and very attractive top.
5) Wandering into Jungle solo as a squishy with no escape when your position was previously known and their team is MIA.
6) Chasing Shaco into a bush
7) Chasing a near death Singed (This is especially sad when there is a point waiting to be captured)

And finally, the most notorious of all, which thankfully I don't see too often, but:

8) 'Chain feeding'. I use this word to describe people that, after someone loses 2-3 team members in a fight or something at different times, people run from respawn fountain solo into a group of enemies instead of waiting for team, proceeding to get wrecked. The next person in line does the same. This usually repeats for awhile until they clue in or someone starts raging. I've managed a few pretty horrific comebacks when we were down like 400-100, their team made a bad engage in jungle and were wrecked in team fight, and then they start chain feeding and allow a penta capture.

Elealar

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Um, what? If you 4-cap a non-objective while the enemy team 4-caps the objective, you have lost that trade. Spreading out and taking 2-3 points while the enemy takes one is a good idea, yes. But that means you did not 4-cap a non-objective point, and hence did not make the mistake I listed.
It's fully possible to defend the objective point successfully 3v4, for instance, while capturing enemy's 4th point which is defended by only 1 champ. After that, you have 5v4 on their objective point and they are losing bad on points. In effect, objective points are perfect lures to generate advantages elsewhere since so many players single-mindedly focus on the objective.

Stimuz

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
Banning akali
tru