Common mistakes I see in Dominion (add your own)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavy View Post
Part of the problem, yes. As much? No. I at least read and comprehend, regardless of how stubborn I am. Stop being a jackass? Again, no. If my team is unable/unwilling to read then I'm unwilling to go the extra mile to carry them. I pride myself on my jackassedness, thankyouverymuch.
So in other words, you can't adapt..which is an even bigger problem, but whatev. Play how you want.

Lolkoopa

11-11-2011

-Attacking a champion to interrupt their channeling instead of clicking the tower to stop them (Neutral points).

-Running away from a 3v3 fight at a point turning it into a 2v3 fight.

Arduous Kill

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolkoopa View Post
-Attacking a champion to interrupt their channeling instead of clicking the tower to stop them (Neutral points).
If they are neutralizing your tower and your character has a stun, its beneficial to attack because it guarantees they take some turret hits. Or if its already a neutral tower and you KNOW you can take them 1v1. Personally i prefer to attack them because it brings their health down. clicking the tower is better if they have multiple people capping or you will lose the 1v1.

Holden McRoin

11-11-2011

Overextending.

Ike Kapone

11-11-2011

the worst is when you kill off a defender and the turret kills u, while 1 of ur teammates rather finish off a minion wave before capping the tower.. giving the enemy enough time to respawn and defend again.

Ike Kapone

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduous Kill View Post
If they are neutralizing your tower and your character has a stun, its beneficial to attack because it guarantees they take some turret hits. Or if its already a neutral tower and you KNOW you can take them 1v1. Personally i prefer to attack them because it brings their health down. clicking the tower is better if they have multiple people capping or you will lose the 1v1.
i agree, first hit makes all the difference than just stale mating with them

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

Quote:
Constantly leaving after capping top - PLAY DEFENSE PEOPLE!
This is not a mistake, in fact is the right play.

Kalcos

11-12-2011

Chasing into the jungle when they have a roaming twitch/eve.

"Distract" enemies with a squishy that dies in 2 secs so that I can cap. Yes capping for 2 secs is very useful... NOT. Seriously some people are really clueless.

See one enemy on Windmill then immediate dive it, then get ganked by enemies hiding in the brush.

Cap mid when your team lost bot. Sometimes it is a valid tactic like when they have 4 men camping your bot but most of the time, it is easier to take back your bot than taking their mid AND defending it.

Cap Storm Shield instead of help defending, then get ganked in the jungle.

Top player "lanes" with bot. Happens often when top got stomped. It's almost never good for the team. 2v2 guess which enemy champion will come bot? Yes Akali who rapes in small scale team fight.

XaoGarrent

11-12-2011

Queueing up for Dominion.

Seriously, the line of ******* on my team is a mile long at this point in time.

Panwar

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
This is not a mistake, in fact is the right play.
This is the part that's killin' me at the moment in my games. Every game I hear at least a couple team mates yelling about capping 3 and defending. They don't seem to realize that just means they are going to run at windmill with a concerted push of 4 of their players.

The team standing on the point is actually at a disadvantage when it starts to get around 3-4 wannabe cappers. Their pokes and aoe abilities are going to hit the majority of your team-space. As well as the fact that they can come from 4 directions.

You have to be aggressing against their points to keep them on the defensive. The trick is to not over extend. But in no way should be getting 3 and trying to defend.