Common mistakes I see in Dominion (add your own)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drubie

11-11-2011

Two people stopping at Mid... Drives me crazy or worse two go bottom

Zavy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drubie View Post
Two people stopping at Mid... Drives me crazy or worse two go bottom
Yup! I call mid most times right before the gates open, and 50% of the time (lately) someone else stops too. LEARN TO FREAKING READ. Jergoffs.
I've also gotten bitter enough about it that I won't pull myself away and go top, I'll just sit right there.

Elealar

11-11-2011

Wrong Deployment: There's a fight in the top. Enemy is attacking your top point 2v3. Two champs on your team respawned and went that way already. By the gods, don't follow! Your bot and mid are entirely undefended and enemy has two guys missing. Hell, best case scenario your two defenders can hold the point 2v3; sending 5 there only serves to give them free points. Worse yet, your bot has gotten capped? For crying out loud, if your team has guys recapping it already, you really don't need to go help. Go attack/defend somewhere where you have an actual function instead.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavy View Post
Yup! I call mid most times right before the gates open, and 50% of the time (lately) someone else stops too. LEARN TO FREAKING READ. Jergoffs.
I've also gotten bitter enough about it that I won't pull myself away and go top, I'll just sit right there.
That makes you just as much a part of the problem.

I've just stopped calling it. You can tell as soon as everyone is off the ramp which way they are going...If you see someone heading mid...just go top. Stop being a jackass and do what your team needs you to do.

Zavy

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
That makes you just as much a part of the problem.

I've just stopped calling it. You can tell as soon as everyone is off the ramp which way they are going...If you see someone heading mid...just go top. Stop being a jackass and do what your team needs you to do.
Part of the problem, yes. As much? No. I at least read and comprehend, regardless of how stubborn I am. Stop being a jackass? Again, no. If my team is unable/unwilling to read then I'm unwilling to go the extra mile to carry them. I pride myself on my jackassedness, thankyouverymuch.

lbgsloan

11-11-2011

-Running around like a ****** instead of defending when your team has the advantage.
-Running around like a ****** instead of defending when your team has the advantage.
-Buying Priscilla's Blessing and mobility boots ASAP. *Bonus: Do this on a champion your team actually expected to be useful*
-Spamming angry pings at someone defending mid even though the enemy ninja-capped that point several times already. Then watch it get capped again.
-Having 3-4 people standing right on top of the windmill point, giving the enemy a free mid and bot cap.
-Walking halfway across an upper lane to push with no backup or sign of the enemy.
-Fighting just outside of a friendly point when the turret could have been helping you. *Bonus: qq to teammates who were NOT dumb enough to charge out to their deaths*
-Arrive late to a fight where your team already lost, and run in 1v3 anyway to die.
-Having 3 people go help bot when they get attacked 1v2, only to lose top because there is now one defender.
-Taking the Relic and then not engaging with it.
-Taking the Relic and engaging in a hopeless 1v4 with it.
-4-capping a non-objective point when the objective is active.
-I will personally hunt down and kill every bandwagoning ****** who autolocks Shaco and proceeds to be mobility boots/PB ninja Shaco.

Elealar

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
-4-capping a non-objective point when the objective is active.
Eh, if enemy dedicates resources on defending the objective point and you can 4-cap the other points and hold, that's kinda win. Let them keep their objective, you win the game. Besides, the enemy team will have to try to recap the point you got which will let you cap the objective point because enemy resources are diverted elsewhere.

Vichar

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest89 View Post
- Taking health bonuses on map only to return to base 20 seconds later
I sometimes do this to deny the bonuses to the enemy. For example, we win fight top but one of the enemy was not killed (ran away). I'll grab the nearby health bonuses because I don't want the enemy to get them. Having said that, I almost always stay to defend top after winning that fight. The only times I go back are when the enemy was wiped out to the last champ and I feel I have the mobility to get back before they can.

Vichar

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
-I will personally hunt down and kill every bandwagoning ****** who autolocks Shaco and proceeds to be mobility boots/PB ninja Shaco.
A sense some anger there... Mobility boots are useful on Shaco even when not ninja capping. Heck, I decided to go bot as Shaco yesterday when our Ryze (!) refused to go bot. Just flat out refused--unbelievable. I did fine, but I ended up getting mobility boots anyway. After killing my opponent, the speed let me neutralize the far enemy point.

When going top, the mobility boots sometimes allows you to gank bot and then go back top in time for big team fights if you also use the speed boosts on the board.

I never buy Pricilla's. I only ninja points when it's clear they are undefended and I'm not needed elsewhere.

Vydelar

11-11-2011

Fighting in the jungle for fighting's sake. This is the one that annoys me. If you are fighting to delay someone for the time to cap a point, that's good. If you are fighting, and chasing because he's low on health, and i can get him.. that's stupid. Most the time it's not even worth ganking the person getting the relic unless luck happens that you have a second person nearby and can easily jump and smash him without much time lost. For when you are fighting someone in the jungle.. Everyone knows where the fight is, your teammates, and the enemy, where you might get jumped by people en route, and just gave a numbers advantage to the enemy that head towards the nearest point.