I want to play Bot lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zzym

11-12-2011

try soraka . she s fun and easy to bot lane .

TouchinMyself

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimonoin View Post
Your best bets are probably Gragas, Galio, Nunu (smite+promote) and maybe Rumble.

But this part:

Isnt quite correct. Considering bot lane is one of the biggest factors that determine the outcome of each match, most people tend to actually want it or at least in my games.

I always get it unless someone else tells me he desperately wants it.
Smite + Promote? Please stop giving advice...

NetherGate

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leib Olmai View Post
Yes you hear me.
I want to play solo bot.

I like doing stuff that no one like to do.
I meade a thread about Mundo, asking if he was good in domion. Seem not.

So, I want you guys to help me tell which, of the champion I own and want to play, would be a good bot lane. And if you can hook me up with a build, would be appreciated. I only played 3 games of dominion so far.

So, I was thinking of :

Alistar, Garen, Gragas, Galio, Nunu, Rumble, WW, trundle.
Are those "good bot lane" ? Which one would be better ?

If someone already go bot, are those still good champion on Dominion ?

Thanks <3.
None of those will be great bot champs, but ok ones might be Rumble and Alistair.

NetherGate

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buru Diman View Post
Gragas, I can dominate a Heimerdinger (yes, Heimerdinger) in bot lane. He has great ranged harass, good for clearing minion waves and a dash and a AoE knock back if they want to gank yer arse.

-Start with Catalyst
-level 1 Boots and RoA when you go back.
-Magic Pen Boots
-Morellos Evil Tome (Maybe Deathfire Grasp if the bot guy is tanky as hell like Singed or Yorick).
-Deathcap
-Will of the Ancients
-An utility AP item (Hextech Sweeper if they have Evelynn, Twitch or Shaco;Rylais if they have good runners, Abyssal Scepter if they have mostly AP or Frozen Heart if they have mostly AD).
I can see Gragas being a good counterpick for heimer, but thats it. And when I say that Gragas is a bottom teir champ in Dominion, keep in mind he was one of my favorites in SR.

Heimers turrets cant dodge his barrels, so thats why he might be a good heimer counter. And bodyslam can finish them off. But generally speaking, his cd's are way too high for dom, even with max cdr. Drunken rage is just really bad for dom. To stop and use that constantly, its bad man. His body slam is good, but his barrels are generally significantly harder to land in Dominion than SR for various reasons. And the cd on them is too high.

It was very disappointing to find out that Gragas wasnt viable in Dominion.

Vydelar

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzym View Post
try soraka . she s fun and easy to bot lane .
I can second this, you build cdr/tank, and maybe 1 ap item. Depending on the opposing composition, it can go from bad to worse for them as the game goes on. Soraka with proper tank gear shreds any ad champion she gets her hooves on, and is absurdly sustainable, and a decent pusher/counterpusher as well with the ability to melt an entire minion wave at once with huge aoe.

Xienwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

As stated, none in your list really work that well in bottom. Well, they work alright if you turret hug and just hold your point. But that relies on your team holding top in an even battle.

A good bottom will be able to push the lane to take (and maybe even hold) the enemy bottom point. This forces support down from top, letting your team 4v3 to hold the point.

Most bottom champs who are good require that you are good with them. So sadly there is no answer for you since you don't appear to already be comfortable with any solid bottom picks.

Dimonoin

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
Smite + Promote? Please stop giving advice...
Expected.

Reach high elo in Dominion and then comment. Against smart players, Nunu is extremely effective if you go Smite+Promote solo bot, and yes, SMITE and PROMOTE. Even then, he is only useful the first 20~ minutes (its almost impossible to outpush him, and he counters Heimer and Yorick extremely well which are currently one of the strongest bot laners, he also can handle Ryze enough to keep him at bay) after that he can become quite useless, as opposed to Heimer/Yorick/etc. but at that point your team should be fed enough (from your pressure) to finish the match in your favor.

Tell me how would you counter bot a Nunu with Smite, Promote and maxing Consume (lvl 3+ Consume always 1 hits the tank minion, and if you add Smite to it you can almost KO the Promoted minions right after they appear).

Not to mention with a bit of spellvamp you heal for 500~ per Consume (every 9~ s with max CDR).

So tell me smart guy. What do you do? Who would you send to deal with a guy that clears every single minion wave with extreme ease and heals up all the harass you can possibly do to him in the process?

Gotta love closed minded people, one of the reasons so many people are bad in Dominion.

Stez007

11-13-2011

In order of viability:

Nunu, Galio, Gragas, Garen.

Nunu is pretty insane. He pushes fast, is very tanky and his ult is devastating.

Galio is strong against most mages, is quite tanky and can hold his tower forever thanks to Garrison+Ultimate being so dangerous.

Gragas has great sustain and damage, but is squishier than the above two.

Garen has the problem of being melee, but he has decent sustain and a great early game, and can kill many squishy bottom laners with ease.

LordDemise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2011

morde is good at bot since all he can do is push all day. You'll need some good map awareness to avoid being ganked though, since he can't escape well.