I want to play Bot lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leib Olmai

11-11-2011

Yes you hear me.
I want to play solo bot.

I like doing stuff that no one like to do.
I meade a thread about Mundo, asking if he was good in domion. Seem not.

So, I want you guys to help me tell which, of the champion I own and want to play, would be a good bot lane. And if you can hook me up with a build, would be appreciated. I only played 3 games of dominion so far.

So, I was thinking of :

Alistar, Garen, Gragas, Galio, Nunu, Rumble, WW, trundle.
Are those "good bot lane" ? Which one would be better ?

If someone already go bot, are those still good champion on Dominion ?

Thanks <3.

McRofls

11-11-2011

Bot requires these traits:
Can clear minions with ease.
Can escape a gank.

Alistar is OK, but he's better served top babysitting a Kog or Vayne or something. Garen gets ranged versus most of the usual bots. Gragas has potential if you're good with him.

KimKelley

11-11-2011

Of these garagas is probably be your best bet. I think you'll have trouble vs the yoricks and heimers of the world though. Possibly rumble or galio. Possibly. Alistair can be good but there are a couple of people who simply dominate him bottom. Certainly not a good pick for blind pick mode. None of them are the clear front runners in the bottom game atm though. (Heimerdinger, yorick, skarner, etc)

Here's a list of the more dominant bottom champs.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1452733

Here are the things you want out of your bottom lane:

Ability to clear and push minions. (Garen does not possess this and to some extent neither does nunu)

Ability to be self sufficient. You need to know you can hold that turret 1v1 or vs anyone and be able to at least a delay for a long time a 1v2 cap.

Some sort of surviveability- Be it tankiness, regen or escape/kiting ability ability.

Zavy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2011

Tristana can be very viable bottom. Her jump helps her escape ganks and her attack range gets longer as you level (which, in Dominion, is quick). Plus, she's free if you friend Riot on Facebook, so you don't even have to worry about buying her. I hate Facebook with a passion, but I created one just so I could get her.

Diabloman CQ

11-11-2011

I vote malphite for king of Bot

KimKelley

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabloman CQ View Post
I vote malphite for king of Bot

Don't get me wrong, I really like malphite, but he should rarely be winning the bottom lane.

Buru Diman

11-11-2011

Gragas, I can dominate a Heimerdinger (yes, Heimerdinger) in bot lane. He has great ranged harass, good for clearing minion waves and a dash and a AoE knock back if they want to gank yer arse.

-Start with Catalyst
-level 1 Boots and RoA when you go back.
-Magic Pen Boots
-Morellos Evil Tome (Maybe Deathfire Grasp if the bot guy is tanky as hell like Singed or Yorick).
-Deathcap
-Will of the Ancients
-An utility AP item (Hextech Sweeper if they have Evelynn, Twitch or Shaco;Rylais if they have good runners, Abyssal Scepter if they have mostly AP or Frozen Heart if they have mostly AD).

InglouriousCobb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2011

Most of those champs would be better going top than bot. Gragas would probably be the best choice to bot on your list. Alistair, Garen, and Warwick are much better helping at top. I would recommend investing some IP into ranged champs if you wanna dominate bot. Urgot, Heimer, Ashe, Kog'Maw, Morgana, Malzahar, etc. are all good bot champs. I main bot with Urgot and dominate most of the time. With him you just have to watch for ganks since he is slow.
As for Mundo, I often see great Mundo players on Dom. and hate fighting him.

Elealar

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leib Olmai View Post
Gragas and Galio are really solid bots in my experience. Rumble can be OK but I find him much stronger on top where he can bring his massive AOE damage to bear upon champions. Garen could work out theoretically but can't say I've tried him and I fear for him against strong kiters; on this map they have nigh' infinite mana supply.

In general, any champion you can run sololane (mid or top) on SR is a decent bot for Dominion with the exception that pushing is much stronger on Dominion since it only takes one-two minion waves through to "win" the lane; this basically means champions that aren't at least passable at pushing shouldn't bot. But anyone with lowish cooldown ranged AOE abilities (or a fast enough machine gun; Ezreal can do alright on bot with Mystic Shot spam + Passive Autos, in spite of his only AOE damage that hits minions being his ult, and Urgot is fine too) tends to do at least alright on the sololane.

Dimonoin

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leib Olmai View Post
Yes you hear me.
I want to play solo bot.

I meade a thread about Mundo, asking if he was good in domion. Seem not.

So, I want you guys to help me tell which, of the champion I own and want to play, would be a good bot lane. And if you can hook me up with a build, would be appreciated. I only played 3 games of dominion so far.

So, I was thinking of :

If someone already go bot, are those still good champion on Dominion ?

Thanks <3.
Your best bets are probably Gragas, Galio, Nunu (smite+promote) and maybe Rumble.

But this part:
Quote:
Isnt quite correct. Considering bot lane is one of the biggest factors that determine the outcome of each match, most people tend to actually want it or at least in my games.

I always get it unless someone else tells me he desperately wants it.