Lore effects reflected in-game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yoker Vexille

11-11-2011

Hi, I used to play Legend of The Five Rings (CCG) for more then 10 years. One of the great features about that game is that is has a lore on the background, and most important, what happens on the lore is reflected on the card game. For example, when a character dies it is no longer reprinted on the next expansion.

So my question is: when something like that is going to be introduced to lol?

I have seen some itens being created in a similar way, but since lol has some very important championships, some thing more drastic could be involved. I am sure that if Riot announces that the new world champion will have the right to choose a character to die, it would be very exciting. Or start with something lighter, the champion would become an undead creature with reworked abilities.

another idea:
- choose an item to broke, so it would create a new version of the item ingame, (ie, the broken trinity force).

Just an idea, it has been done before and it works just great.

Firlyean

11-11-2011

We assume so, so far Riot has done a pretty good job keeping the game in line with the lore. There are still some stuff 'unexplained', but all will come to show in time. There was a lore match held last year, it actually influenced the lore, but that was about it. But aye, generally speaking the lore influences the game, the JoJ sometimes hints on new champs being released.

MYRealSlimShady

11-12-2011

Riot cannot make any champion go dead, they can make Swain and Leblanc, Malzahar and Kassadin as imprisoned champions but that doesnt affect the game.

Having lux dead and the next day she comes as an undead with blue hair, red eyes and teal skin isn't goanna fit in well because everyone would want he to stay as a blonde haired blue eyed fair skinned girl, unless if they make her have bigger breasts in her undead splash art.