League of Legends pre-season to begin October 27th 2009!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BearJew

09-29-2009

On my pre-order receipt it says a week before the game ships so safe to say october 21? just wondering because used a friends email address.

Demandred

09-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzle Dazzle View Post
does anyone know of any other games that in seasons? that wasy I can understand it more... still a release date is awesome
Wc3 and Diablo 2 both have ladder seasons.

Fibus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2009

I really liked the season idea. Provides a nice incentive to play for a lengthy period of time.

Frozt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

09-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzle Dazzle View Post
does anyone know of any other games that in seasons? that wasy I can understand it more... still a release date is awesome
World of Warcraft has arena seasons, which usually come to an end around large content patches (every 3-5 months normally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenEskimo View Post
So from my understanding, you have to have a team in order to participate in the season? or will there be a way that individuals can play?
Nope! No teams from what I understand. There's an option to play "Ranked Matches" and you'll be able to queue up for games that count towards your season rating from there with other players, probably the same way the queue works now.

Xeirus

09-29-2009

Good stuff Riot.... now might be a good time to fix card master..... like _right_ now.

OffConstantly

09-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeirus View Post
Good stuff Riot.... now might be a good time to fix card master..... like _right_ now.
LOL yes please.

Also, why not add more modes sooner Riot? Why no All Random, deathmatch (ARDM) which could be a great way to test, or Random Draft before the release? Don't these beautiful game modes need testing?

With blind pick I feel I can only play a few heroes and annihilate everyone else with their best heroes so this would add some needed variety!

Love the release date and the seasons, thanks Riot

PozzyFreak

09-29-2009

Fan-Freakin-Tastic

Very cool news.

Zoidstiz

Adjudicator

09-29-2009

Why are you releasing a game that is no were near finished????

mermin

09-29-2009

less than 1 month get workin!

WΎR ؃ LL

09-29-2009

Sounds great!