The Master Yi Mid Challenge Thread

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

STOP Hammertime

06-27-2010

This is my final Master Yi mid post.

I have shown the video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKVUiLy7GRQ

I have turned probably 70% of people I have played with into believers.

Now, I issue a challenge to those who consider themselves "Top ELO"/"Better Mid Champs" ETC.

I will keep a record of every challenger in this thread and the outcome.

The rules are as follows :

- The first to down the others mid tower wins.

- If I beat you, you will acknowledge so in this thread. If you beat me I will acknowledge so in this thread. The wins VS losses will be kept tallied, including additional comments on a game by game basis.

I will be online after I have slept, in roughly 8 hours or so, and I will check this thread and add anyone who accepts the challenge to my friends list and play them in order of availability.

LoL is serious business. I want to play my Master Yi mid and am sick of being outright denied it
by the majority.

Let the Challenge begin.

(So far getting schooled by High ELO players. So it's official, I can pubstomp mid ELO. Let's find a way to help Yi so he's more viable at higher levels!)

What's his major weakness? Too susceptible to CC. How to fix? Meditate.

Meditate : Restores 150/250/350/450/550(0+) health over 3 seconds. During this time, Master Yi is immune to disables. When he completes his meditation, he gains a bonus 50/100/150/200/250 HP, 25/35/45/55/65 armor and 25/35/45/55/65 magic resist for 6 seconds.

People blow all their CC on Yi, he breaks it with meditate and allows him to tank for a short time, then breaks free with a buff for 6 seconds. This makes people back off and think twice instead of spamming him down ASAP. Most people ignore meditate right now. For a spell that renders Yi useless for 4 seconds, is almost useless because it is so easily destroyed by focus fire, and gives almost no benefit to AD Yi, it needs to be looked at.

Passive :
CHALLENGES SO FAR

Atlanta Vs p4yz

Atlanta wins 2/3

Brees VS p4yz

Brees wins 2/2

***CHALLENGES CLOSED FOR NOW***

Feel free to add me if you would like to play a 5v5 and see what a good Yi is like mid anyway.

STOP Hammertime

06-27-2010

Bump before I zzz.

Makarray

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2010

cool video bro

lxDarkMagicxl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2010

I'm down.

killd0zer

06-27-2010

i stopped watching after that tf was auto attacking

TaigaStance

Recruiter

06-27-2010

Yi can mid against the right opponents.
But let's be honest, letting Yi take mid over other carries is not the best idea.

Xzeric

06-27-2010

Whats with all the terrible using of cleanse on both sides, cleanse wont stop towers or people with no cc...

Jack Noir

06-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by killd0zer View Post
i stopped watching after that tf was auto attacking
he has dorans blade. and early pushing isnt as bad as people say, towers deny so many kills.

Azelf

06-27-2010

I believe I saw OP use cleanse as some sort of "immunity" or at least, self-heal mechanism. He blows them at very odd moment, against very simple opponents, and afaik, he has no debuff on himself at all.

Edit: an a "magnificent" tf uses cleanse vs yi who has no red, no slow, no nothing >.>

SKeeTerTheDog

06-27-2010

I would be more than happy. My internet sucks, but i'm moving in a week and a half, gonna add you so if i get better internet then we'll play 1v1 mid

Oh btw, as others have said, you're playing very bad opponents in that vid.

12345 ... 7