(Fanfiction) The Gathering

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordHippoman

11-10-2011

So, the storyteller bug has bitten me, again. Let it rollllllllll!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Journal of Codename: Gathering.
BACKGROUND: The League has fallen. It has been 3 years since the invasion from the Shadow Isle. A mysterious army comprised of humans and beasts came in droves. Led by the charismatic King Shover.

CURRENT STATUS:
Demacia: The Crownguard family has been dethroned, and the country is now filled with looters, interested only in the shining remains of the once golden city.
Ionia: Split into warring batallions, the presence of the Shadows is the only thing that can give pause to their conflicts.
Noxus: A renegade force headed by Swain is the only hope of salvation for their citizens, but the city itself is locked down by the Shadow army. None have crossed its borders in years.
Freijlord: Completely under Shadow control. Queen Ashe has been taken into custody.
Bandle City: Destroyed.
Piltover: Now a lawless ghost town. Outlaws run the crooked government, funded by a nearby Shadow militant compound.
Bilgewater: Its citizens are kept as slaves to the Shadows. Only a few brave pirates remain on the waters, but their numbers thin everyday.

ENTRY #1
The Meeting

I can still remember the day it happened. But, only in images. The Institute of War, in flames. My summoners robes, soaked in blood, and the dark grey helmets the invaders wore.

I try to put those memories behind me, but they are essential to my work. I am an agent for Operation Gathering, a small resistance cell built up by summoners who escaped the attack on The Institute. I don't want you to think of me as some all powerful summoner, because I wasn't. Just a rookie, back at The Institute, and even here. That's why I was hurrying to the central chamber. Our complex is buried beneath the sands of Shurima, near the ruins of some long forgotten city. The magic residue is powerful enough to keep us hidden from our enemies, but the supply is limited. It could be days, weeks, months, or even years until the building resurfaces. The summoner who had cast the burrowing spell had been dead for over a year now.

"Summoner Hippoman, Summoner Hippoman, Report." I stood up and stroked my chin. Even my stubble was standing on end. I had never been requested to the central chamber before.

The room was well lit, aside from the tall chairs along the walls. I stepped into the shaft of light at its center, blinking off the temporary blindness it caused. "Hello, Hippoman." The voice came from a chair to my left. Deep, with a puncuated Demacian accent, but growing feebler by the day. "We have a mission for you. This is of the utmost importance. Turning, I replied. "I've been itching for a job". Mild laughter came from the woman seated behind me. "Eager as a newborn Yordle. I like this guy." The last voice, high pitched and serene, interrupted her. "Calm yourself. This is no laughing matter, Bridget. Summoner Hippoman, allow me to fill you in on the details."

A map of Valoran materialized above the floor. The last speaker walked to me. She was Ionian, with deep black hair, tied into a ponytail.

"The Shadow Army, as they are known, have taken over Valoran. Their base is located atop Mt. Rakkor." A brief pause. "We intend to destroy it, and sever their control over this great land." I stepped back, shocked. "Destroy it? Impossible! They have legions of men, and we are but a tiny resistance group, no more than 50 strong!" "That is why we need you", boomed the Demacian man. "We must gather the champions."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long OP is Long. Chapters will consist of Hippoman's adventures to find the champions of the League, and save Valoran!

AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION:
Who should Hippoman try to find first? Vote!

CHAMPIONS GATHERED:
None

LordHippoman

11-11-2011

That bump is a spy!

Sillybro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2011

Find Annie first, cause if she can let others taste hell fire by a tender age. Then she should be fire goddess by now.

Cpt Shiba

11-12-2011

NOOO WHY U DESTROY LAND OF THE YORDLES????

on that note... i think you should go find teemo. his scouting abilities will make your life easier in the future. Either that, or ezreal...

LordHippoman

11-13-2011

CHAPTER 2
Pyromania

I nodded. "The Champions? But the League is no more." The Ionian woman turned her head. "However, these individuals are still some of the most powerful warriors in all of Valoran. I believe you remember the young Annie..."

Annie. That was a name I hadn't heard in a long time. Back in the heyday of the League of Legends, she was young, about 8 or 9. Regardless, she was a deadly force on the battlefield, utilising fire in waves and balls to singe her opponents. If there was one thing I remembered about Annie though, it was that teddy bear of hers. That was no child's toy. When Annie desired, she could use it to summon a massive demon bear, standing heads above most humans. Tibbers, as it was called, commanded the powers of flame as well, and was fanatically loyal to its master.

"I'll take the job. Do you know where we could find her?" The other woman spoke. "Yeah. We've got some agents working up above. Apparently, the village of the Grey Order is still intact, although they've been doing business with the Shadow army. I'd be careful if I were you." "So it is settled." The Demacian waved his hand, and a portal activated in front of me. He tossed a talisman down at my feet, clanging against the stone floor. "Use this to return with Annie. We're counting on you, Hippoman." The council members each bowed in turn. To be honest, it was a bit overkill. I hadn't even done anything yet. Disguising my embarassment, I uttered a goodbye, and entered the portal.

(To Be Continued)

LordHippoman

11-15-2011

Smoke. That was the first thing I noticed. It pervaded my eyes and nose, blasting me with the scent of freshly lit flames. I found myself in the midst of a forest, lit by the torches of a nearby village. This had to be the Grey Order's hometown. "Stand where you are!" Two women in grey cloaks ran towards me, poised with their hands towards me. Mages. "What are you doing here?" "I've been sent by some friends to find Annie. The time has come to expel the Shadow army from Valoran."

(sorry, short update, going to update post later)