Why the hell do people build Lich Bane on Ryze?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aria Sachou

11-10-2011

Mana, The passive effect, and the AP.
My build for ryze is
Boots
Archangels
Rod of ages
Lich
Frozen heart
Banshees or something else depending on the situation

The more mana i have the more damage my spells do (both from the spell effect and archangels)
Also, Ryze spams spells a lot, the lick bane's passive is therefore proc'd a lot so that you can attack inbetween a few spells and do lots of damage.

Valiant Corvus

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS Viserion View Post
Since you can snare people with your Rune Prison that allows you to walk forward to your target while spell chaining them to fit in an auto attack
His cooldowns are so short that you shouldn't even have time to autoattack between spells.

I can understand the mana....kinda...but Lich Bane's mechanic is not something that he can make real use of, and there's just so much better items he could be getting that would be more effective.

ABlindWatchmaker

11-10-2011

Why do people use manamune on ryze? Θ_Θ

Nybass

11-10-2011

Because he can't push for **** otherwise. Even AP casters gets 40% of their AP as bonus damage to towers, but since Ryze builds pure mana, he does only his pathetic base damage.

Valiant Corvus

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothichero View Post
Why do people use manamune on ryze? Θ_Θ
To improve his tower pushing power, since it's just about his weakest attribute.

I don't get it myself, but I can understand its merits.

Gorillasaur

11-10-2011

never seen that.

Zero000x000

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2011

If you ask me, fight as well buy a Trinity Force. They do about the same thing except Lichbane gives MR as opposed to Trinity Force's HP. But this is so so rare and so out-dated. WotA is much more beneficial of an item, or things like Rylai's or Void Staff. A Sheen derived item doesn't increase your dps rotation all that significantly for how much they cost.

The benefit of the Sheen derivatives is the movespeed, which is in fact a very important stat for Ryze.

A Little Haley

11-10-2011

I've seen a Ryze get a Triforce T_T

Endzone63

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2011

because everyone else already had Trinities and PD's, and Ryze wanted to be unique and stylish???

Pyrish

11-10-2011

I generally, being the key word here because not always go Tear-->Boots1-->Sorc Boots-->catalyst--> Banshee's veil-->Frozen Heart(banshee veil and frozen heart are sometimes in opposite order)-->RoA-->finish Tear into manamune-->Trinity force

Then again i almost never get past the frozen heart in that build.