Blitzcrak "Scorpion Style" lulz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoVi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2009

So... i've been reading guide/s of Blitzcrank around and stuff and everyone seems to build him as a carry/dps.

Now, since i don't like that kind of build because i don't think i'ts his true potential. Ganking around with him is awesome specially early game when people actually stay in their lanes.

Item build is not THAT important... but Frozen heart is a great item to start, of course fastest boots avaliable (+3 ms). The important thing is that you won't be getting a lot of money of minions but from hero kills /assist.

Build: QEEQEREQE etc... why do avoid overload, because it's not that usefull early on IMO, ganking is all about burst damaging and disabling... if you waste time chasing that means that the gank didn't go as expected. Too bad i don't use overload.

That's when Ghost comes very very nice.

So, summoner spells:

Ghost (or flash)
Teleport (i find this very practical since you'll be ganking a lot, or that's what i do)

Masteries : So my idea is to get as many Q-E as possible and chase with ult so i get the old 9/0/21. (of course that if you want to fight like Master Yi in a robot style change it to 21/0/9, but it won't be that effective with this playstyle in particular)

Runes: -cd as possible some Ap and mana (trust me you'll need mana early on...) but hey... people actually likes to play him as a dps/carry go ahead.

I don't know if this is the best way to play him , but it works for me very very well... so, feel free to try it and let me know if you like it.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

09-29-2009

Just wanna throw this in but sheen is a MUST with blitz.

no other item gives him such a boost and plays into his skillset for that amount of cash.

If you havent tried it yet, you should. Its my first real item with him every game (i get small hp/mp regen first)

CoVi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFatNuts View Post
Just wanna throw this in but sheen is a MUST with blitz.

no other item gives him such a boost and plays into his skillset for that amount of cash.

If you havent tried it yet, you should. Its my first real item with him every game (i get small hp/mp regen first)
Trying it right now thank you.

PS: If I have Typos sory... my english is kind of crappy xD

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

09-29-2009

You are very welcome. I too play him as more of a ambush/tank kinda hero. And your english is fine, let me know how it goes

Husbane

09-29-2009

Been thinking about trying him again. Played him the first day he came out and did very poorly, however, I've gotten much better with skill shots since. Gonna check out some of the other strats for him, but was wondering if either of you would mind posting your end game tanky builds for him?

Thanks!
J

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

09-29-2009

Sure will!
I start off with Rejuvenation Bead, a Faerie Charm and a mana potion. First spell is always rocket punch. Next item is always sheen, its just amazing on him.

After that I work towards a Phage. Once I have Phage I usually size up the other team and depending on who Im vs Ill go with either: magic resist (usually in the form of a Banshee's Veil), Mercury Treads for gettin outta slows faster, thornmail (for when you're vs the inevitable jax or yi) or just keep building towards the Frozen Mallet for more Hp.

If you didnt finish your Frozen mallet because you needed one of the other items, now is the time to finish it and then go for something really beefy like: Force of Nature (my fav late item), Frozen Heart (good for team battles), or a guardian angel (if you're worried about dying)

After that you're an animal and will be running around with well over 3k hp. That plus your shield should be enough to keep you safe during the late game.

If you need any more advice just ask

CoVi

09-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFatNuts View Post
Sure will!
I start off with Rejuvenation Bead, a Faerie Charm and a mana potion. First spell is always rocket punch. Next item is always sheen, its just amazing on him.

After that I work towards a Phage. Once I have Phage I usually size up the other team and depending on who Im vs Ill go with either: magic resist (usually in the form of a Banshee's Veil), Mercury Treads for gettin outta slows faster, thornmail (for when you're vs the inevitable jax or yi) or just keep building towards the Frozen Mallet for more Hp.

If you didnt finish your Frozen mallet because you needed one of the other items, now is the time to finish it and then go for something really beefy like: Force of Nature (my fav late item), Frozen Heart (good for team battles), or a guardian angel (if you're worried about dying)

After that you're an animal and will be running around with well over 3k hp. That plus your shield should be enough to keep you safe during the late game.

If you need any more advice just ask
This... don't know about starting items but Phage + Sheen is preety cool... frozen heart is my choice then. Still gotta try lot of stuff.

2xHero

09-29-2009

Hehe, I thought this was going to be a Brotherhood of Nod skin.

Anyway, I think the Trinity Force is pretty good on him, especially if you plan to buy Sheen and Phage anyway. The extra attack and move speed from Zeal is nice, too.

Husbane

09-29-2009

Thanks, all good things to consider.