[Help] Summoner Battle - Twisted Fate vs Jax - ( Mid-Late Game )

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarkTheExplorer

11-10-2011

How do you beat a Jax, using Twisted Fate? It's mid-game and the Jax is building the typical every day items:

Jax's Items
Doran's Shield
Armor Boots
Rageblade

Problem
What do you do in this situation? What do you build to beat the Jax?

Conditions
+ You both have the same amount of money.

bylobog44

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkTheExplorer View Post
How do you beat a Jax, using Twisted Fate? It's mid-game and the Jax is building the typical every day items:

Jax's Items
Doran's Shield
Armor Boots
Rageblade

Problem
What do you do in this situation? What do you build to beat the Jax?

Conditions
+ You both have the same amount of money.

At that stage of the game, a typical TF will have something like Merc Treads, Dorans Blade (or Ring) + Sword of the Divine. To counter jax, summoners spell would be Cleanse (or Flash) and Exhaust.

Wild cards will pick away a Jax's health from well beyond his leap strike range. Sword of the Divine (active) pretty much counters his passive. When he does get his stun and wants to close, cleanse, gold card, auto-attack, exhaust, wild cards. GG

MrJon3s

11-10-2011

Ap tf. Really only way to kill a jax 1v1 is ap or true damage.

coolcoolyoyo

11-10-2011

i want rp

coolcoolyoyo

11-10-2011

come lets play add me

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2011

SotD: worst kind of counter to Jax ever(because he does not need to kill you with the stun, he kills you with his higher tankiness and more dps).

Play like a pro and toss wild cards at him from out of his jump range as AP TF, because there is nothing you can do but hope your gold card works once Jax jumps you.

bylobog44

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
SotD: worst kind of counter to Jax ever(because he does not need to kill you with the stun, he kills you with his higher tankiness and more dps).

Play like a pro and toss wild cards at him from out of his jump range as AP TF, because there is nothing you can do but hope your gold card works once Jax jumps you.
I went with an AD TF because the OP specified an equal amount of gold. For the specified amount of gold (3500), you get more bang for your buck with AD, and because, personally, I find AD TF more fun to play. To go AP for the same gold budget (assuming you get boots and start with a Ring) you can get maybe a WotA (puts you at 3700g) - which isn't a typical first AP item for TF (Sheen is usually better). With TF's scaling, that's only an extra 64 damage from Wild Cards every 6 seconds (assuming you hit every time). That's not going to take down Jax. You get more than that on 1 proc of Sword of the Divine.

<<< Now to be fair, TF should easily out farm Jax, so specifying the same amount of gold is not very realistic >>>

Also with just a Rageblade Jax doesn't have more DPS. And with just Tabi + Shield + Passive, he's not that tanky yet; Jax is a late game carry. At level 6 with those items he has about 1200 HP, 38 MR and 70 AR.

When I play AD TF, because of his pathetic basic attack range, I go with all defensive runes and masteries. So at level 6 with only Merc Treads, I end up with 1100 HP, 57 Armor and 74 MR. That's usually enough.

Playing style and skill also come into play. Even when playing AD TF, I always put 2 early levels in Wild Cards so I can pick away at his health from afar.

I don't hope my gold card works, I make it work. Most Jax's get very aggressive when they have their stun up (kind of like Annie that way). When he gets his stun, you bait him into using Leap Strike on your terms. He's probably going to blow Flash to pre-position his Leap Strike and will likely Exhaust you as well.

Exhaust is actually the worst of his combo at this point, but you can Exhaust him right back, and you have Merc Treads, he has Tabi. As he has already likely used his Flash to get inside your Wild Card range, he has nothing left to deal with the Gold Card. At this point, if you miss with Gold Card, you Flash out and live to fight again. If you land it, Jax is melee, and has used both his Leap Strike and Flash; he has no escape.

MarkTheExplorer

11-10-2011

Thanks for the tips guys. Keep them coming. I'm gonna post a bunch of situations over the next few weeks. This is interesting stuff. x_x

Oh yeah, and I wanted to add something....

TF seems like a slow champion, so it seems hard to outrun a Jax 1 vs 1. I've tried actually going for full movement speed, which seems to work, but even then he is just.....really fast somehow. x_x This is in a situation where you are overextending, which is part of the point of playing TF in the first place (teleport allows you to get back off quickly).

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bylobog44 View Post
I went with an AD TF because the OP specified an equal amount of gold. For the specified amount of gold (3500), you get more bang for your buck with AD, and because, personally, I find AD TF more fun to play. To go AP for the same gold budget (assuming you get boots and start with a Ring) you can get maybe a WotA (puts you at 3700g) - which isn't a typical first AP item for TF (Sheen is usually better). With TF's scaling, that's only an extra 64 damage from Wild Cards every 6 seconds (assuming you hit every time). That's not going to take down Jax. You get more than that on 1 proc of Sword of the Divine.

<<< Now to be fair, TF should easily out farm Jax, so specifying the same amount of gold is not very realistic >>>

Also with just a Rageblade Jax doesn't have more DPS. And with just Tabi + Shield + Passive, he's not that tanky yet; Jax is a late game carry. At level 6 with those items he has about 1200 HP, 38 MR and 70 AR.

When I play AD TF, because of his pathetic basic attack range, I go with all defensive runes and masteries. So at level 6 with only Merc Treads, I end up with 1100 HP, 57 Armor and 74 MR. That's usually enough.

Playing style and skill also come into play. Even when playing AD TF, I always put 2 early levels in Wild Cards so I can pick away at his health from afar.

I don't hope my gold card works, I make it work. Most Jax's get very aggressive when they have their stun up (kind of like Annie that way). When he gets his stun, you bait him into using Leap Strike on your terms. He's probably going to blow Flash to pre-position his Leap Strike and will likely Exhaust you as well.

Exhaust is actually the worst of his combo at this point, but you can Exhaust him right back, and you have Merc Treads, he has Tabi. As he has already likely used his Flash to get inside your Wild Card range, he has nothing left to deal with the Gold Card. At this point, if you miss with Gold Card, you Flash out and live to fight again. If you land it, Jax is melee, and has used both his Leap Strike and Flash; he has no escape.
For that amount of gold, you have to go into jump range to do any respectable damage.

That is exactly what Jax player wants you to do, because you are defenseless after goldcard stun.

Also, SotD would not matter if Jax fights you in a minion wave(most likely to happen if you have a chance to 1v1 Jax; or you randomly encounter a Jax in the jungle and you get owned either way). Especially in laning, a Jax with stacked ulti/rageblade will own you anyday(his ulti is a decent-damage nuke every 3 hit, also gives MR on activation).

Unfortunately Jax even has more burst damage when he jumps on you so you can make up for that burst damage during the stun at most(by then he already has 3 stacks of rageblade).

You are assuming that Jax player is stupid and used flash to close the distance...and you assume that Jax need to run from TF.

You hope your gold card will stun jax long enough to let you kill. Unfortunately you are not going to have a very long stun time because you have lv3 W at lv6 if you level it up most.

The reason AP TF might work is because he does more burst damage, which will be better because TF is not going to beat rageblade Jax in dps after lv6.

killerb0y

11-10-2011

Basically fighting Jax straight up with anyone is dumb. Especially squishies. As with all ranged heroes, whether you go AD or AP, the only way to win a straight up fight is by kiting. AP TF does that better than AD TF - AD TF will stand there and get owned, while AP TF can stun, wildcards, run, stun, wildcards, run, etc.

If you go AD TF, heh, good luck. You're going to need it.