An armored bear would hail from Zaun

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rakaydos

11-09-2011

It is my belief that, should an armored bear champion be ushered into the Halls of Justice, he would have been created and equipped by the demented technomagi of Zaun.

As everyone, pro and anti-volibear alike reconize, an Armored bear is an unstoppable machine of destruction. In Riven's lore, we have seen many examples of the Zauneese and Noxian fascination with unstoppable machines of destruction... usually far more literal ones. as for the sanity of allowing a bear to wear armor, well, Zaun doesnt have the best reputation for rational thought.

An armored bear hailing from Zaun, to be distinct from Twitch personality wise, should be somber and considering, slow but with every action well thought out. An abandoned Ionian War project that escaped to the Frejlord mountians and learned discipline and warrior ethos from the tribes there, would be a unique approach to a Zaun champion- like Riven as a "good noxian" or Shivana as an "Evil demacian", the armored bear would be a thoughtful Zaunian.

For his armor, though, I doubt the Zaun engineers would have given their warmachine simple plates of steel to wear- though some of the more advanced features would no doubt have failed over time, there is plenty of opportunity to give the unstoppable force of destruction a technothamaturgic arsonal with which to rampage across Ionia, raping churches and burning women.

The idea of a bear born to destruction, but mellowed by time and discipline, his claws slow, but with a razor's edge, the final project of a crazed Zaunian animal trainer raised by the warriors of Frejlord, appeals to me. Such a creature would be far more worthy to join the League, than some common Polar in Plate.

Rakaydos

11-10-2011

Hmm... downvotes, but no critiques? Did I get some part of the funamental lore wrong? (possible... I'm mostly a stats guy)

Rafeo

11-10-2011

Sometimes an idea gets downvoted for no reason other than it is just so different than peoples image of how something should be that they don't accept it. This would be one of those. However, it is a good theory. A very plausible way for an armored bear to happen.

Sagarys

11-10-2011

Zileas will be here... I have no doubt.