PVP.net taxing my processor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JonTehKnight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2009

I was wondering if it was normal for LoLclient.exe to be taking upwards of 60% of both of my processor cores. I don't mind it too much but it sometimes causes my fans to go into overdrive when I have it open for more than few games.

I've attached my DxDiag. It's not a crappy processor per se, but it was one of the first models of Intel dual core so maybe it's age is catching up to it.

EDIT: Also it will cause usage even when idle, which I find to be very odd.

Stormiy

09-29-2009

Well.. dont post anything you know nothing about... Games in ideal condition should always use 100% of all cores... The resulting FPS is what matters lol.

Clean the fans. Dont overclock. Switch on vertical sync - this should give processor some breathing time.

reapermaster

09-29-2009

SgtJon, you may want to consider clearing out or doing a reset of Internet Explorer. In addition you may want to check that you have the latest version of Flash installed in IE by going to www.adobe.com

I would push more for doing a factory reset of IE as it may be the most beneficial thing you can do.

reapermaster

09-29-2009

Sorry to double post.

Also noticed that you are not on SP1 or SP2 for vista. I would highly, very highly recommend you do this as it actually resolves alot of performance issues in vista.

also if you have continued problems you may wanna consider uninstalling the beta for DirectX 11...