Twisted Fate gets Gold card every time?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fishbeans

09-29-2009

I've played a few games against Twisted Fate, enough to see how good he is with a good player and how terrible he is with a bad one. The problem is, I just played against one who got the gold card on literally every Pick a Card. What's more, because of the way the skill now works, he was getting two off every time, occasionally 3. This is absolutely stupidly broken. AoE stun and massive damage on a negligible cooldown? Yeah, sure, let me go ahead and disable their whole team for 3 seconds, then repeat in 5 seconds because there's no way any of them could kill me.

It's also entirely possible that this player was abusing some sort of exploit or even a hack (with the ease of getting a beta key, it's a foregone conclusion that hackers have joined). I have a hard time believing that any level of skill at picking the cards could result in a 100% success rate in getting it on gold. When asked about it, he said he "got the rhythm down." As far as I can tell, there's absolutely no rhythm to it at all, and to program an easily recognizable and exploitable pattern into it would be pretty stupid.

Drimacus

09-29-2009

There is definitely a rhythm to it. After about 3 times playing him post patch, I can get gold about 95% if I am paying attention purely to it., which means it is always up going into a fight. As for the two card thing, that seems to happen if he attacks the same target consecutively. I am thinking that is a bug, but I may be wrong. Having played him before and after, I truly miss the old way, because it added the sense of randomness which made a lot of sense for the character.

Pheryel

09-29-2009

the main thing broken is that you can lock gold card and port with it locked and gank someone with them having 0% chance to counter the gank. i think the easyest way to fix him is to make his gate whipe the selected card. and yes stop the dubble carding bug. which im subjected to people *****ing saying im cheating by it happening. you cant control the dubble cards. but definatly should whipe the card selected in pick a card when gate is used

JacqueClouseau

09-29-2009

plz plz plz change that :>
take away the lock and the double hit and its fine

caution

09-29-2009

The lock is fine, however it needs the mana cost for locking the card removed or lowered, ie 50 to pick, 25 to lock would do the trick.

Contriving StyLe

The Council

09-29-2009

its bugged at the moment..

SlyGoat

09-29-2009

I've only played him a few times and I would always get golds even before you could lock them without canceling an attack.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2009

Just FYI, but cardlocking is intended.

Double/triple cards are not. It is a bug.

Q112

09-30-2009

The main issue about cardlocking is in my opinion, that blue and red cards are just not worth locking.
After playing Twisted 2 or 3 times, you can easily lock the goldcard (almost) whenever you want and most players wont lock any other cards from that moment on... (ok, blue cards sometimes make sense)

I think you should weaken the gold card a little and make the red card stronger so that every color has its own advantages and disadvantages. That would turn Wild Card (is that the name of the skill?) into a very diverse skill.

Koslomac

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz View Post
Just FYI, but cardlocking is intended.
Why not change pick a card to gold card buff for one attack then? It would make a lot more sense.
There is no incentive to actually pick another card. If there were more differences when picking a card (like blues costing less mana for example) then locking a certain card for different situations would make sense. And golds being a singe target stun would make red more attractive too.