Life Steal for Spells

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zerfman

10-01-2009

But yes i agree there should be an item that grants spell life steal.

OctopusDropkick

10-01-2009

Agreed, grant spellcasters the same mechanism everyone else gets.

zerfman

10-01-2009

or perhaps a slightly different thing where instead of getting life back we get mana? that seems kind of equivalant. doesnt burn their mana but turns their lifeforce and turns it into mana for the caster. you could call it spellsteal?
i think i might start a new thread for this...

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2009

aoe spells would be imba. defile, flash frost, glacial storm, dark matter, tainted soil, etc.

Patyrn

10-01-2009

Quote:
aoe spells would be imba. defile, flash frost, glacial storm, dark matter, tainted soil, etc.
So make it a different percent for multitarget spells, just like rylais? Is that so hard?

Daikaze

10-02-2009

I can't really agree with this idea. It seems like this would just be overpowered.

Let's take Veigar for example: the tiny master of evil drops some Dark Matter on a crowd of minions... how much HP is he going to get back from this?

Ryze and Ashe are also good examples of where this would create an imbalance.

Critical Error

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2009

I think it will be a nice alternative to having to stack massive HPs or basically forcing to get Rylai's or ROA just because otherwise you plunk down way too fast. Lifesteal is made to keep people up during fights. Casters only have HP/AP items, there are no AR/AP items, and onyl one high priced (though worth it) MR/AP item.

IEatBabies

10-02-2009

i guess you didn't get the memo where spell casters are ranged and thus should stay away from getting hit because they are squishy.

None of the ranged DPS have stun/disables, except cardmaster (******* got what he deserved). Most casters have at least a disable and fiddlesticks is the prime example why all casters shouldn't have life steal. Hey why don't you stand there while I get my life back.

If you want lifesteal on a mage, play fiddle, morgana, or cho'gath with AP. Lol, or you could play Scion... because he's tagged as a mage. If you want a high spike damage spell caster with life steal you should look elsewhere.

IEatBabies

10-02-2009

oh and I know the response I'm going to get, but Intervening locket heals on spell cast and refunds mana. I know it doesn't give you 500 health for your 1k nuke, but it makes your spells cheaper and will keep you in fighting condition.

Blah, blah, blah that's a support item. So is life steal for melee.

Patyrn

10-03-2009

Quote:
None of the ranged DPS have stun/disables, except cardmaster (******* got what he deserved). Most casters have at least a disable and fiddlesticks is the prime example why all casters shouldn't have life steal. Hey why don't you stand there while I get my life back.
Casters having disable has absolutely nothing to do with the fact they can't heal up their HP.

Quote:
If you want lifesteal on a mage, play fiddle, morgana, or cho'gath with AP. Lol, or you could play Scion... because he's tagged as a mage. If you want a high spike damage spell caster with life steal you should look elsewhere.
What's wrong with a high spike damage spellcaster with life steal? No caster hits anywhere near as hard as a dps carry. Veigar EXTREMELY fed nukes for maybe 800 with his main nuke every 3-4 seconds. Yi crits for 1000 multiple times a second.