TT guide for Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zinku418

06-26-2010

Welcome. Today I will be overview Akali in the map, Twisted Treeline.

Akali is one of the few characters that I find to excel with in Twisted Treeline, and rightfully so. Akali has amazing burst damage, a clever escape mechanic in the tight wooded jungle, and her maneuverability with her Ultimate. seeing as people should know how her abilities work, or at least should know, I'm skipping that part.

Summoner Spells:
My personal preference is Ignite and Exhaust. Being able to keep your target in any minor crowd control is good, seeing as Akali lacks any decent cc. and Ignite can net you a kill if they happen to make a mistake by letting you get too close. carrying Smite could also get you those quick buffs seeing as it'll get better as you level, and it can give you some free gold and exp early in the laning phase. Feel free to leave comments if you tested any other summoner spells and found them effective.

Skill Leveling:
You obviously want to level your nuking ability, Mark of The Assassin, first. that always takes priority because it will be the one ability that keeps your burst damage up. Crescent slash will help your farming ability at lower levels and will give you the extra burst in team fights. Twilight shroud will keep you from getting ganked if you place in a convenient spot.
Q
W/E -depending on your opponents harassing
E/W
Q
Q
R
Q
E
Q
E
R
E
E
W
W
R
W
W

Laning:
After the first blood traditional battle at the bottom jungle near Grez, you'll want to heal for any damage taken, if any. then return to the bottom lane, you want to lane with a partner because until you get your ultimate, your damge output can be outmatched by a lot of solo players. make sure you take advantage of twilight shrouds stealth to peak into the brush, or keep the enemies away from your turret. until you get rank three in MoTA you'll need to pay attention to how much hp the minions have, to make sure you can get the last hit gold.

Items:
I always start out with a Long sword+health pot. unlocking my first passive. with the rune setup that I have, I unlock my second passive naturally at level 4. I usually try to rush Guinsoo's Rageblade because of the hybrid build that I go for her with. for boots I stick with Mercury Treads so I can get out of cc's faster. after that, I try building Hextech Gunblade getting the Hextech Revolver first for the added spellvamp it provides. after I have acquired both of those items, I purchase Rylai's Crystal Scepter for the excellent slow it provides. If the game is still going, I grab Zhonya's Ring for the extra AP it gives you. depending on how the game is going, instead of getting Hextech Gunblade I'll get Trinity Force because it gives you all the burst damage that you could possibly ask for.

Tips: Try and make your opponent fear you. If you harass them early, they'll be to afraid to push past minions, which gives you a lot of last hitting, basically free gold. Akali is decently item dependent so making sure you have the money to get your items is always a plus. Akali's burst damage makes her a target that will be getting focus in team fights, and if they don't you'll punish them with the triple kill ace.

Thanks for reading my guide. if you have any questions, please ask below.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sayath

06-26-2010

Summoner Spells:
First (pick one): Ignite, Exhaut, Smite , Cleanse (in draft)
Second: Ghost, Flash (i do not recommend flash... preferance though)

Skill Leveling:
I've found Q, W, Q more effective - giving you excellent harrassement. Denying Gold / Exp is key here (aka forcing them out of minion range).

Laning:
It's very possible to take solo lane as Akali, it's a playstyle decision ultimately. Mind you though, on solo you should really know what you are doing.

Last hitting with MotA, well... You shouldn't do this. Harrassing your opponent is more important. Pick up those last hits with one Auto Attack / Crescent Slash. Also, keeps you from pushing the lane.
If harrassing ain't possible, well, then go ahead and use MotA for last hits.

Items: Your item build seems working for you, but I would suggest against it. Without enough health at lvl 1, you're an easy target for the opposition. They'll single you out.
Make you retreat or even worse, kill you for, in worst case, first blood. Either way, your contribution for first gank is severely diminished, giving a capable opposition an advantage.
Furthermore, in lane without the needed health, harrassing becomes a very dangeroues task. Competent opposition will force you to tower hug. You'll have to rely on your teammate, to make up for it. Again, giving the opposition an advantage.

Instead, i suggest these:
1. Doran's Blade + 1 HP Pot (2 points in brute force & 1 AD quint give you the spellvamp passive @ 1)
2. Boots of Speed + Amplyifing Tome (second passive, alternatively get Blasting Wand if you can.)
2.5 Mejai's (mostly not taken by me, but if you're already rofl stomping, got a triple kill & ace....)
3. Rylai's / Guinsoo's (rushing Guinsoo's can only be done as solo and mostly is a mistake, viable if you've got an Anivia / other slows provided by your team)
4. Guinsoo's / Rylai's (keeping those stacks is important, kind of jax tactic - but do not waste energy crescent slashing all day)
5. Zhonya's / Lichbane / Guardian Angle / Void Staff / Bloodthirster with stacked Meja's (at least 350 AP required) / whatever you want

Tactics:
Having 755 OR 865 HP early game for FB is always nice... (Doran's / Elixir + HP Quints + HP masteries)

try the following:
apply a MoTA, then wait a bit (you've got nearly 6 seconds before the mark on the enemy runs out), then trigger the mark, reapply (can be done while the mark is still up, you gonna have to hit twice though), hit again, gives you awesome burst in lane. (Dual Mark application + triggered --> you're opponent is already fleeing)

regarding myself, i've played around 150 games with Akali on TT. Look me up ingame / msg me, if you want further advice / are having problems.