[Guide] Sunfire Shaco in Summoner's Rift

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

06-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyRuben View Post
Then it's not a SUNFIRE CAPE BUILD.

You're an idiot. Go away.

Also: Hi Alyzar.

(I've gone 21/2/16 with this build before. Aaand, I've never lost a single game with Shaco, sunfirebuild or not; but that was the best game I've ever played with him.)

People with banshees and merc treads are laughing at you.

Billy Ruben

06-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalis View Post
People with banshees and merc treads are laughing at you.

But I have merc treads..?

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

06-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyzar View Post
I'll try that out, although it's not really the point of the build. I will try it out, though.
Thank you for not being that other person. Iit's not really the point of the build I agree but it gives you the ability to kill almost anything within a few seconds your deceive damage isn't totally craptastic and you can backdoor (If that's your thing).

Quote:
-.-

Billy Ruben

06-27-2010

Quote:
Thank you for not being that other person. Iit's not really the point of the build I agree but it gives you the ability to kill almost anything within a few seconds your deceive damage isn't totally craptastic and you can backdoor (If that's your thing).

-.-

What? I said I followed his build and did better; andddddd Note: His build has merc treads?

I'm not saying your build is bad(Because it is far from bad),

I'm just saying what Alyzar said in a more rude fashion.

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

06-27-2010

Quote:
What? I said I followed his build and did better; andddddd Note: His build has merc treads?

I'm not saying your build is bad(Because it is far from bad),

I'm just saying what Alyzar said in a more rude fashion.
I'm saying Magic resist affects sunfire caps damage. So people with high magic resist don't take nearly as much damage.

Billy Ruben

06-27-2010

Quote:
I'm saying Magic resist affects sunfire caps damage. So people with high magic resist don't take nearly as much damage.

..I knew that.

Alyzar

06-28-2010

>_>

/bump.

Farplane

06-28-2010

Been doing this a lot today and yesterday, and out of about eight games I've only lost two. I have a ton of experience with Sunfire Eve, but was always hesitant towards trying Sunfire Shaco, but I have to say, it's loads better, and the double aura with your illusion just takes the cake. Though, it's pretty unfortunate when your team (read: most teams) doesn't know how a sunfire champion works, and just get into a full on team fight AS SOON AS you tell them you're pushing a lane to split the enemy team.

By the way, just me, but I go x3 Avarice (1 gold per 10 sec) on quints and take Greed from the utility tree whenever I play sunfire. That's 140% income without even doing anything, and it really helps when you're grabbing for the first cape. Plus, they're the cheapest quints at only about 1500 ip for three.

Great guide by the way, very well organized despite its simplicity.

Alyzar

06-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farplane View Post
Been doing this a lot today and yesterday, and out of about eight games I've only lost two. I have a ton of experience with Sunfire Eve, but was always hesitant towards trying Sunfire Shaco, but I have to say, it's loads better, and the double aura with your illusion just takes the cake. Though, it's pretty unfortunate when your team (read: most teams) doesn't know how a sunfire champion works, and just get into a full on team fight AS SOON AS you tell them you're pushing a lane to split the enemy team.

By the way, just me, but I go x3 Avarice (1 gold per 10 sec) on quints and take Greed from the utility tree whenever I play sunfire. That's 140% income without even doing anything, and it really helps when you're grabbing for the first cape. Plus, they're the cheapest quints at only about 1500 ip for three.

Great guide by the way, very well organized despite its simplicity.
Thanks, glad you like it.

Purplz

06-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyzar View Post
I've seen it, but I haven't really done any research or tested it out.

Let's take a look at it now. IF it works, I'll add a section to the guide.

So...

At level 18, with only 4 Sunfire capes, you'd get 3661 HP (Without runes or masteries involved)

That's 73.22 bonus damage per hit.

His untampered with crit chance at level 18 is 10.15, so this would give him a 28.15% Crit chance.

I'd say no, simply because this build is focused around AoE Sunfire damage and the Atma is more of a focus damage item. That being said, I can see this item working really well in conjuction with a survivability oriented Shaco.

An item build that involved things like Frozen Mallet and Banshee's veil for a more defensively sound Shaco, maybe even a levi.

With those 3 items alone (20 stacks), he gets 3976 HP, which would mean Just about +80 Damage.

It's also more cost effective as those three items cost 7280 where as 4 Sunfires cost 10040, although I'd guess the gap is smaller due to the improved farming that Sunfires give.
Don't forget that the 73 bonus dmg turn into ~120 with your clone(it only hits for 70% of ur dmg). Also, if you pop a green elixir, you get a 50% chance to do double-dmg on you and your clone so that 120 turns into a 240dmg/s + your sunfire cape dmg on a single target.

PS: Wouldn't sorcerer boots be way better on a sunfire shaco than merc? Especially if you already have cleanse... Twenty magic pen x5 = Huge buff on your dmg and as you said earlier, even if they focus their cc on you, you're still doing dmg. Plus, if the opposite team is starting to get heavy on your ass, you can just cleanse and deceive outta here while your team would have already killed half theirs. Your cd will almost always be up for a team fight anyway.