ELO question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sylvinite

11-05-2011

how come it seams like you always lose more elo for a loss than you gain with a win ... if this is not just me thinking things can someone explain how the actual elo per game works

Sylvinite

11-06-2011

nothing ?

z All In z

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2011

Elo gained and lost is determined by whether the system thought your team was better or worse than the other team. You gain more elo when you beat a better team and you lose more when you lose to a worse team. Since matchmaking can't make exact matches one team will always be considered slightly better before the game starts. If you're losing more elo than you gain it means that you're either only winning when expected to or losing when you're not expected to.

Sylvinite

11-07-2011

Thank you that makes sense

CasavaS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo0 Niece View Post
Elo gained and lost is determined by whether the system thought your team was better or worse than the other team. You gain more elo when you beat a better team and you lose more when you lose to a worse team. Since matchmaking can't make exact matches one team will always be considered slightly better before the game starts. If you're losing more elo than you gain it means that you're either only winning when expected to or losing when you're not expected to.
Makes sense, but is this a fact? Anything you can back it up with?

Boosty Buster

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasavaS View Post
Makes sense, but is this a fact? Anything you can back it up with?
idk how to back this up but sometimes i gain like 20+ other times I've lost 15. Just accept it and keep pushing forward. There is only one way to gain rank, and that is to play play play, push push push, kill, kill, kill, murder, murder, kill. The great words of Nunu bot.

Delicious NomCat

11-08-2011

riot wants to make building up your elos a task, that way those with true skill are at the top and not those that just got lucky with a few wins.

SifleIsAwesome

11-08-2011

So when you gain 71 elo from one match...

KingRatchet

11-11-2011

OH! Now it makes more sense. No wonder winning matches seemed to give me less >.<