Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does riot need to stop making 6300ip champions

Yes, not everyone can drop 10 dollars every two weeks in this game 65 29.41%
Sorry Riot, but you are getting carried away with this 53 23.98%
Maybe, perhaps a ratio of 1 for ever 2 3150's and 1 1350/450 champion 59 26.7%
...no? 44 19.91%
Voters 221 .

Poll-Riot needs to stop making 6300ip champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimensionist

06-25-2010

You don't have to drop ten dollars every two weeks, I don't see it as necessity to absolutely have every new champion the day one comes out. Play the game, save some ip, wait till free champion rotation and test out every champion over a period of time. Buy the ones that appeal to you. If every single champion appeals to you and you must have them it's time to buy some IP boosts and save up.

Chances are you're probably not going to want every single champ anyways.

Variax

Recruiter

06-25-2010

Quote:
Lone Blade:
I guess the complaint is that they've made quite a few of them pretty close together. Personally, it doesn't bug me. I kind of like having the 6300 champs as it means they are a little more rare. Makes me happy when I see a blitz on my team cause I know it's one of two options. Either some dude who was willing to spend money on the game. Or, someone who actually worked up the IP to buy the hero. Which means they must know at least something about the game.

I totally agree! I have saved IP for 4 6300 IP champs and now. KENNEN BE NEXT IN LINE WOOT at 2.5k.

Skwerl

06-26-2010

Quote:
Dimensionist:
You don't have to drop ten dollars every two weeks, I don't see it as necessity to absolutely have every new champion the day one comes out. Play the game, save some ip, wait till free champion rotation and test out every champion over a period of time. Buy the ones that appeal to you. If every single champion appeals to you and you must have them it's time to buy some IP boosts and save up.

Chances are you're probably not going to want every single champ anyways.

i'm sorry have you not read the senior poster under my name
i've been playing for 6 months now
i just hate how every new champion, esspecially the ones that don't desserve to be 6300 ip are 6300ip

RagnarokChu

Recruiter

06-26-2010

Quote:
Skwerl:
i'm sorry have you not read the senior poster under my name
i've been playing for 6 months now
i just hate how every new champion, esspecially the ones that don't desserve to be 6300 ip are 6300ip

There are like 8 6300 champ, so your point is moot.

Carados

06-26-2010

Quote:
PineapplePine:
She is barely seen used. She came out half a year ago. She should definitely be lowered in terms of RP AND IP.

Uhh, actually Nidalee is played a ****ton and is considered one of the best champions in the game.

MarsheValias

06-26-2010

Quote:
Carados:
Uhh, actually Nidalee is played a ****ton and is considered one of the best champions in the game.

I've seen her MAYBE twice in the last..month?

TheI3east

Recruiter

06-26-2010

Quote:
PineapplePine:
Its how the "business world" works; at least for gaming.

They tell you the game will be 100% free but they will have other sources of gaining money. For example, a lot of other online games have cash shops that simply dresses up your character. They also have items that boost the character; much better than the free stuff.

Riot's way of making money is throwing out a lot of skins and champions.

Its reasonable to put all the NEW champions are 975 RP. Because new things should be more expensive right? Old things should be the same or cheaper right? WRONG. Riot jacked up ALL the prices on EVERY single champion that is more demanding. And then they give a discount sale on them, so it seems like they are giving a discount but actually they aren't.

Its quite similar to what they do in a lot of shops. Jack up the prices of the items a month or so before Christmas comes. And when boxing week or month comes, they give discount on jacked up items. So it seems like 50% off but its actually like 10-20% off from original price.

Really lame typical way of making money.

This isn't the main problem because Riot needs a source of income to sustain the game. The problem is that keep on making failure champions. Some aren't even DECENT. Some are TOTALLY not worth the IP. The RP is fine because they are NEW. But IP scales with difficulty and how good that champion is. Kog Maw definitely DO NOT seem like a 6300 IP champion. Kennen isn't either. Akali shouldn't be 3150 either. Malzahar is on border line. He's a great 3150 IP champion but not so much for 6300 IP (a situational 6300 IP champion).

So what you're saying is that you'd rather Riot make less money, or you'd rather pay 50 dollars upfront for yourself and anyone you'd like to convince to play.

Also, IP doesn't scale with how good the champion is at all, nor does it scale off of difficulty to play.

Annie is one of the best casters in the game and a favorite on many premade teams, she is 1350 IP.

Fiddlesticks is one of the most difficult champions to play as you need great situational and map awareness to play him, your ult is the make or break factor in a team fight.

You could point out situations like Blitzcrank and Ezrael costing 6300 IP and that they are difficult to play because they're very reliant on skillshots, but then you're just mixing up Correlation and Causation.

Quote:
MarsheValias:
I've seen her MAYBE twice in the last..month?

Don't know what bracket you're playing but I see her about every 4-5 games.

She isn't a staple on just about every team like Ezrael and some others are, but she's fairly common at Mid-High ELO

Edit: Just looked at the poll results.

Just so you guys know, no one is forcing nor even asking you to own every champion, it's my personal goal to do so, but no one is pushing me to do so nor do I feel obligated to buy new champions.

Dragonien

Recruiter

06-26-2010

i dont have a problem with them making 6300 champions.

what i DO have a problem with, is WHY They price them at 6300. its ok for them to want to make money off the game a bit, but not at the cost of blatantly contradicting themselves

they said, in a big giant red letter post that they are pricing champions based on their difficulty. thats why ashe and sivir are 450, and Anivia and Karthas are 6300.

but its blatantly obvious that they arent even REMOTELY taking the difficulty of the character into account when they set the prices. garen, is ******EDLY easy. i wouldnt be suprised if he had been only 1350, if he had been a beta champion. Akali, BARELY worth 3500, and the only reason i say that is cause shes squishy. malzanar, meh at best. 1 skillshot thats really easy to hit with. kenan and shen, nowhere even close to hard. the only champion theyve released that i think is acually deserving of a 6300 price is Ezreal and thats only cause all his skills are skill****s.

theres nothing wrong with making money riot, but dont money***** about it, and contradict yourself... we dont need another blizzard :\

NightReaperXxX

06-26-2010

i think they dont need to stop making 6k champs but acually make some more 1.3k and 400 ip champs to even out the 6k ones

Carados

06-26-2010

Quote:
NightReaperXxX:
i think they dont need to stop making 6k champs but acually make some more 1.3k and 400 ip champs to even out the 6k ones

Again: Why would Riot do something which would make them earn less money then they could be earning?