Does riot need to stop making 6300ip champions

Yes, not everyone can drop 10 dollars every two weeks in this game 65 29.41%
Sorry Riot, but you are getting carried away with this 53 23.98%
Maybe, perhaps a ratio of 1 for ever 2 3150's and 1 1350/450 champion 59 26.70%
...no? 44 19.91%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Poll-Riot needs to stop making 6300ip champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skwerl

06-25-2010

pretty obvious poll
comment if you wish

ItzWarty

06-25-2010

While I do believe that 6300IP is quite alot, it's still only a few weeks of gameplay for the character. It's obviously a business tactic, so that people wanting to get champs like Aniva spend 10 dollars instead of playing for a few weeks...

It should also be noted that there are plenty of other choices available to the community that plays for free...

Carados

06-25-2010

Riot needs to stop attempting to make money

poll above

Bilun

06-25-2010

Personally What I think should be done is the following:

Keep printing 3k & 6k ip champions, but as the total # of champions raises, gradually shift old champion's(especially the really old ones) prices down a bracket.

Give players more choices for cheap champions without compromising Riot's chief business model.

ItzWarty

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilun View Post

Keep printing 3k & 6k ip champions, but as the total # of champions raises, gradually shift old champion's(especially the really old ones) prices down a bracket.

Give players more choices for cheap champions without compromising Riot's chief business model.
They would have to eventually cap the step down though. Perhaps over time the champion's prices would slowly creep towards half of their original value?

Quizard Raderack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilun View Post

Yeah is about time for riot step down some of the old champions price..

PineapplePine

06-25-2010

Its how the "business world" works; at least for gaming.

They tell you the game will be 100% free but they will have other sources of gaining money. For example, a lot of other online games have cash shops that simply dresses up your character. They also have items that boost the character; much better than the free stuff.

Riot's way of making money is throwing out a lot of skins and champions.

Its reasonable to put all the NEW champions are 975 RP. Because new things should be more expensive right? Old things should be the same or cheaper right? WRONG. Riot jacked up ALL the prices on EVERY single champion that is more demanding. And then they give a discount sale on them, so it seems like they are giving a discount but actually they aren't.

Its quite similar to what they do in a lot of shops. Jack up the prices of the items a month or so before Christmas comes. And when boxing week or month comes, they give discount on jacked up items. So it seems like 50% off but its actually like 10-20% off from original price.

Really lame typical way of making money.

This isn't the main problem because Riot needs a source of income to sustain the game. The problem is that keep on making failure champions. Some aren't even DECENT. Some are TOTALLY not worth the IP. The RP is fine because they are NEW. But IP scales with difficulty and how good that champion is. Kog Maw definitely DO NOT seem like a 6300 IP champion. Kennen isn't either. Akali shouldn't be 3150 either. Malzahar is on border line. He's a great 3150 IP champion but not so much for 6300 IP (a situational 6300 IP champion).

PineapplePine

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizard Raderack View Post
Yeah is about time for riot step down some of the old champions price..

Look at Nidalee. She still cost 975 RP and 3150 IP.

She is barely seen used. She came out half a year ago. She should definitely be lowered in terms of RP AND IP.

RagnarokChu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2010

The great thing is, there are like 8 6300IP heres out of 50.

OH MAH GAWD SO MANY, THEY SHOULD STOP MAKING THEM.

._.

Lone Blade

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarokChu View Post
The great thing is, there are like 8 6300IP heres out of 50.

OH MAH GAWD SO MANY, THEY SHOULD STOP MAKING THEM.

._.

I guess the complaint is that they've made quite a few of them pretty close together. Personally, it doesn't bug me. I kind of like having the 6300 champs as it means they are a little more rare. Makes me happy when I see a blitz on my team cause I know it's one of two options. Either some dude who was willing to spend money on the game. Or, someone who actually worked up the IP to buy the hero. Which means they must know at least something about the game.