Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Annie Runes: Spell Pen or -CD?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krald

09-28-2009

I can't really decide between the two. I feel speel pen makes my damage just nasty but I'm sometimes needing some more cd reduction. Anddd if I go CD I lose a really nice chunk of damage, and it seems like spell pen is extremely necessary on Annie.

I guess I could just rush codex in games before I get my tear and solve the cd problem slightly, but then it makes tear take longer and I don't get the needed health from doran's when I'm soloing.

Any thoughts on these dilemas?

09-28-2009

Cooldown reduction, no matter what. Spell penetration is nice for damage, but the more cooldown you have, the more spells you get off, the more your stun comes up. So more cooldown is never bad. Beyond that, though, you need to consider your early farming phase. The more your Disintegrate is up, the more last hits you can get. Spell penetration can be aquired with Arcane Mastery and Abyssal if you really feel you need it, but I find that I normally hit hard enough without it.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

09-28-2009

i have full force runes for casters, which gives 78 by level 18. The bonus to AP gives a decent buff throughout the game. I dont find cooldown reduction runes help a whole lot. Im not often in the situation where having spells up 10-20% earlier would make a huge difference. Typically in a fight ill unload all my spells, and then either the enemy is dead/retreating, or im dead/retreating. Disintigrate has a low enough cooldown that the runes only reduce it by 1 second at most. I'd much prefer it to hit for around 65-70 more damage than for it to be usable slightly more often

AI Assimilator

09-28-2009

Quote:
TenToedPete:
I'd much prefer it to hit for around 65-70 more damage than for it to be usable slightly more often

actually it would hit for around 35 more damage after 78 AP is converted into spell damage based on the ratio and after 30 MR.

Krom

09-28-2009

My setup is probably different than most, but....

I have:

3% move speed

27 armor

11 MR

20 mp/5

Annie is squishy, Annie is slow, and I'd rather not use up more than one slot for a mana regen item.

Phily Stone, Sorc Boots, Rylias x2, Banshee, ?Guardian Angel?

09-29-2009

Two rylai's?...for the health bonus or something? I think you'd be better off grabbing two Rod of Ages is you want health. Or drop a Rylai's and grab a single Rod. Past that I think you're really wasting her abilities as a killer with all that tanky shite. I normally run;

Rod of Ages
Archangel's Staff
Rod of Ages
Sorceror's Boots
Zhonya's
Fiendish Codex

The Rods kick her health way up there, and the mana provided by both of those and Archangel's is a nice way to avoid really needing too much mana regen while kicking her damage up there as well. Zhonya's maximizes your power and is obviously a huuuuge boost. Codex for more spell spam, always nice. I don't normally make it to Zhonya's though; that's only for really long games. If you solo and last hit well, you oughta have Rod before 10 minutes or so has passed.

But, anyways, I think all of you guys missed the OP's point. The OP wanted to know which was better for ANNIE specifically, SPELL PENETRATION or COOLDOWN REDUCTION. No post here other than mine has BOTH Annie in it and a choice between those two. =.=

inoobpoop

09-29-2009

for me i'd go with -cd...i like running in and out and casting till i get the next stun to help disable for my team..i've always like annie as a good disabler...i'd sacrifice her damage if i could disable again faster..coz i've always seen her nuke damage as sufficient with good allies.

Krald

09-29-2009

Yeah tibbers made a good point with the stun. I didn't think about that! I've been doing very well but havn't been able to utilize my stun as much as I would like to. I'll definitely change that up.

Apparently guinsoo is coming out with a spell penetration item, so that will be nice. Anyways, thanks bunches for the inputs.

Krald

09-29-2009

Quote:
Krom:
My setup is probably different than most, but....

I have:

3% move speed

27 armor

11 MR

20 mp/5

Annie is squishy, Annie is slow, and I'd rather not use up more than one slot for a mana regen item.

Phily Stone, Sorc Boots, Rylias x2, Banshee, ?Guardian Angel?

you realize she has a really nice run speed right?

davemaister

09-29-2009

For me full force is prefferable as well since i get frozen heart as a main item for her