Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help us test some patcher changes!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Janook

Senior Esports Coordinator

Follow Riot Janook on Twitter

11-08-2011

Summoners!

As you know, we're constantly working on ways to improve our patching process for players. We'd like to take this opportunity to have you test some of the recent optimizations we've been working on.

If all goes well, you should be able to patch and play the game without any issues. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, be sure to post in this thread; I'll be watching it like a hawk!

How you can help:
1) Download and extract this set of files.
2) Run lol.launcher.exe to start patching up.
3) If everything goes smoothly, you should be able to patch up and get into a game like normal.
4) If something goes wrong, let me know!

These files will connect you to the PBE, not to NA!

Thanks!

AriesMajor

11-08-2011

doin it

....my chat features and friend list button on the bottom of the launcher on the right hand side are missing...

Extracted the core files from the .rar into my pbe client (the lol.exe etc etc) launched the game after copying those files over, gave me a 2 minute long patch, logged into the game.....no friends list or public chat buttons >_>...

Màrkyle

11-08-2011

I'll try it.

L2 Sentinel

11-08-2011

Nothing happened. Did I do something wrong?

Riot Janook

Senior Esports Coordinator

Follow Riot Janook on Twitter

11-08-2011

Quote:
Ramsey:
Nothing happened. Did I do something wrong?

Can you be more specific?

L2 Sentinel

11-08-2011

Quote:
Riot Janook:
Can you be more specific?

I was under the impression that the game would start patching after I ran the file. But after clicking "Run" nothing happens.

EDIT: Woops, I didn't extract the files. Sorry.

Cysic

11-08-2011

Downloaded and patching. There was a fairly bulky start-up time (I had the League of Legends logo on my screen for about 60 seconds before the launcher opened and the patch began) but I'm not sure if that's a result of a first-load scenario or if it's legitimately slow. My computer is rather fast, you see. But it's also rather unreliable as well, you understand.

Patch timer is marking me at about an hour with ~100kbps, so it'll be a looooong time before I can give any other input >_>;

Màrkyle

11-08-2011

Extract the folders?

L2 Sentinel

11-08-2011

I solved it myself. I'm a dummy that didn't extract the files first. It's patching

Màrkyle

11-08-2011

Quote:
Ramsey:
I solved it myself. I'm a dummy that didn't extract the files first.

You couldn't do it without me :P