@ Riot : Regarding Quests

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

Just gonna list some points about quests which I don't rly like and some discussion about how to make it better.

Honestly, the quests never really seem that fun to me. Often it's counterproductive/a trap to even consider completing them, and the correct play is to wait 10 minutes for an opportunity to show itself.

Worse yet are those times when quests pop up andno one is available to defend any points while your enemy team is in the perfect position.

Oftentimes the team with the windmill is disadvantaged when it comes to quests. Windmill is the opponent objective, yet the 4th capture point is your objective. The quest is significantly easier to complete for the opponent, considering that the windmill is the primary point of contention anyway. Quests should always be restricted to bott lane, because otherwise there is always the element of unfairness towards the team that is 'currently winning'.

If the idea of quests was to force people away from the 3 cap strategy, it seems to make far more sense to make it apply to bott lane only. Windmill is under contention all game no matter what the situation, so quests really don't need to give any extra incentive for this.

Finally, I don't like how quests become really stagnant. There's no real variety. Every game the quest asks the team to capture/defend points. Why can't there be quests like 'First team to 5 kills completes the quest' or some kind of quest where the relic in the middle is significantly buffed and requires more time to capture, resulting in a teamfight in the middle of the map. Something like 'Super Relic is spawning in one minute' to give teams time to react, and then fight over it when the time is right.

In summary, I think there is very little incentive to complete quests, no sense of urgency to complete them, lack of fairness and a huge lack of variety. I think that something needs to be done.

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

bump

Phourc

11-12-2011

The quests ARE a way to keep everyone from fighting over windmill forever, I think they work at it pretty well.

However, since they only give 20 points (pretty sure?) that's the equivalent of a whole 20 seconds with a one-cap lead, if you spend longer than that getting the point then you do come out behind.

So yes, they do often feel not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoenA View Post
those times when quests pop up and no one is available to defend any points while your enemy team is in the perfect position.
Yeah, I hate those... but a lot of the time it's like 'why weren't we defending bottom, again, Guys?'

Talamare

11-12-2011

80% of the time I hate the quests

pramit the great

11-12-2011

what is the use of quests?
is it right to even call these "quests"?

WaterD103

11-12-2011

I wouldnt mind them to be removed, they add nothing to the game. Most of time is not worth to change your play because a Quest is there. It seems quest benfit a team in a random way.

Observato

11-13-2011

Part of the point of quests is to give losing teams a chance to come back. They may be placed at points advantageous to the losing team, but it is being done intentionally.

That said, they do tend to become stagnant after awhile, and I would support having more variety in the quest types.

Black Lyon

11-14-2011

It appears to me that unless someone is in the right place at the right time quests go largely ignored. Attempting to complete quests just isn't worth the time or risk for the small amount of points rewarded if completed.