Good 3v3 teams?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tactileneck

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bérnkastel View Post
Hi, I'm thinking of forcing (yes forcing) my friends into playing 3v3 ranked. The reason is cause I like ap, my first friend likes ad, and my other friend is a pretty good tank.

Anyways, I have a handful of champions and if someone can say which champion combos pwn it would be much appreciated

tank friend- rammus, shen, amumu
AD friend- renekton, ad sona, caitlyn, recently shyvana
me: cassiopeia, morgana (would pref since this is 3v3 and i might need to be tankier), anivia.

i'm thinking amumu, shyvana, morgana (a kind of "DON'T LET THEM GET THE HELL AWAY" combo). but yeah would love other combos... also because lots of people counter pick... what would a counter pick to this combo be, and how would i counter counter pick this (if possible to predict :P)
Your tank friend needs to expand his hero base for starters. Some decent "tanks" on 3v3 are Cho'gath, Garen, Rumble even simply because they can build tanky items while still managing damage. Shen and Amumu are very close to useless on 3v3 due to their lack of damage, Rammus can be managed though his laning is rough to say the least.

Your AD friend's best bet is a jungle Shyvana, though her early jungle is a tad bit risky, this friend of yours also needs to expand his hero base.

You need to expand your champion base as well, considering Cassiopeia and Anivia are highly dependant on outfarming the other team and getting a quick advantage. Morgana I find to be BRUTAL on 3v3, I play her myself. I take a fast RoA and normally build Frozen Heart vrs AD teams, or increased AP for black shield ratios vrs AP teams. I've seen Morgana banned before though, allbeit it's very rare.

With what is provided, I'd say your best comp would be Rammus/Jungle Shyvana/Morgana.
This is going to get bashed early game though by any teams with decent coordination and well placed stuns. Annie, Yorick, Lee, Rumble, are just a few of the champions that are going to make your 3v3 games rough.

Romram

11-10-2011

You ap picks seem solid in my point of view. I know morgana is the best pick because of her shield and her ult. She can sustain lanes but that's not of a big problem in TT since the map is small.Cass and Anivia are champions that I prefer and one pick over the other will be about preference. I like anivia because she is ver good early game since her q can stun their whole team and do a lot of damage. Late game she can sustain damage over time and still deal heavy damage on single target. Cass in the other has is good at solo since her abilities are aimed at targeting one champion. Late game her ult is amazing as you can stun the whole enemy team and at the same time you can target and kill one target while you team helps. Play whatever you are best with and have fund with it.

Koldheartedjsp

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactileneck View Post
Your tank friend needs to expand his hero base for starters. Some decent "tanks" on 3v3 are Cho'gath, Garen, Rumble even simply because they can build tanky items while still managing damage. Shen and Amumu are very close to useless on 3v3 due to their lack of damage, Rammus can be managed though his laning is rough to say the least.

Your AD friend's best bet is a jungle Shyvana, though her early jungle is a tad bit risky, this friend of yours also needs to expand his hero base.

You need to expand your champion base as well, considering Cassiopeia and Anivia are highly dependant on outfarming the other team and getting a quick advantage. Morgana I find to be BRUTAL on 3v3, I play her myself. I take a fast RoA and normally build Frozen Heart vrs AD teams, or increased AP for black shield ratios vrs AP teams. I've seen Morgana banned before though, allbeit it's very rare.

With what is provided, I'd say your best comp would be Rammus/Jungle Shyvana/Morgana.
This is going to get bashed early game though by any teams with decent coordination and well placed stuns. Annie, Yorick, Lee, Rumble, are just a few of the champions that are going to make your 3v3 games rough.
this guys advice is very good

also keep in mind another reason some casters are very hard to fit in is due to the lack of a blue buff.

and i think a jungle rammus would be better end game than a jungle shyvana unless the opposing team has 2 mages instead of 2 bruisers/ad type champs