The Path of Void (fanfic ...)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KissBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

(Cross posted from

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1454569&highlight=path+of+void

Sadly I didn't get much reception in general discussion but hopefully some of you guys here would enjoy it.)

I am falling through hues of purple, ochre, and patterns of colors not found anywhere in Runeterra. The Council had spoke against this venture and now I wish I had heeded their warnings. A jellyfish like being passes through my astral self and I felt a pluck against my spine as if a spear had been lodged then twisted. My training had braced myself for the pain as these dwellers are harmless and swim through the space here, where much less benign predators feast upon them for substance. It was one of those predators that I sought to bring with me as prize.

“Kahla! Where was your champion when the engagement was declared by the Western Jungles?”
I looked up towards the blunt weathered features of my trainer. His dusky brows knit in frustration as the rest of the recruits heaved a sigh at what would no doubt be lecture regarding the importance of control.
“These are but simple minions, chaff compared to the champions you will one day hope to command in the Field of Justice. Yet if you can't even get a mere follower to do your bidding without coaxing, how have you the strength to command an actual champion?” he went on glaring at me with all the attention of the afternoon sun.
“I understand sir,” I nodded without a hint of defiance in my tone.
In truth, I had already mastered controlling the actions of my minion. He was but a puppet that could be danced at my will and already I had grown bored of the task when we were ordered for assembly. My mind wandered for something more as my trainer continued his meaningless instructions for less able recruits.

Less able men would have gone mad at the visions, the Void conjured. To traverse it alone required a strength of will that steeled one in direction rather than allow oneself to fall to the pull of the Void surrounding them. To succumb would be a death as one's astral being is slowly unraveled if not devoured by denizens of madness. Madness would be what conjured images of creatures here. There were cones that moved through an inflation of mass through space and absorbed others of it's kind for sustenance. There was a creature that crawled upon four spikes like appendages with only a snake like head serving as the rest of its body. A monstrous caterpillar roamed about arid wastes feasting on everything that moved … or didn't. Then there was those that ruled as the apex of this land …

“You have been brought to council in grounds of insubordination and use of Council resources for mercenary purposes,” the Council spoke as one voice. Hooded ones of power that needed less of speech and more of mind.
I replied, “Great Council, is the Fields of Justice not created to arbitrate conflict? It is well known that Noxia has desire to conquer Ionia. I merely challenged the Noxian captain to a friendly duel. His blood was caused by his escalation of the engagement.”
The tallest one in shroud tilted his head towards me. “I heard of you Kahla and though your powers are great, you are not greater than the Council nor above our judgment. For the act of defiance of the Summoner's Code, you are barred from representing your nation and further activities till your parole of is brought for review.”
“What? You can't -” I spoke breaking my mental speech allowing my protest to echo the hallow halls.
“So it is done, you may leave Kahla of Ionia.”

They called them Voidborn. Mandibles that spread in a large mocking grin with the head of a bloated giant ant was atop a serpentine body that stalked across four powerful claw adorned legs. A vicious tail sprouted behind it and two smaller ones pierced from it's sides like horns or tentacles depending on it's mood. It towered over the largest of the creatures here and indeed fed of all that lived here indiscriminately and grew great off its sustenance. I had entreated to encounter this one alone as they were solitary predators to my fortune as a single one was beyond the prowess of an average or even talented Summoner. It had sighted me and with less of a roar and more or a tunneling cackle, it bore down upon me as its next meal.
To be repulsed by a wall of purple light. Enraged it wracked it's surface with it's foremost claws, rearing upon it's hind legs to a full height of a mammoth. But my spell held and ensnared around it as it realized too late the nature of the trap. In it's fury, it roared a hellish cacophony of malice that threatened to suppress my thought and bring me to knees. I did not yield my command of my spell for to release was to die.
The demon threshed and raked again and again assaulting my will. I knew soon, it shall shatter the bindings I've placed upon it and it will have a very slow meal of revenge. When suddenly, it stopped and sent a mental emotion of parley for the Voidborn were not of lesser intelligence than men. It's thoughts were like a metallic screech echoed across an ocean of hate.
“UGLY CREATURE WHO HAS BREATHED ITS LAST. WHAT WILL IT SHARE WITH ME?” it roared in my thoughts.
I had mastered the feat of simultaneously binding a spell as well as speak with a controlled mind long before this. “I come to offer you Great One, an exit from this world to one of untold delicacies and sights.”
The creature snorted derisively, “I CARE NOT FOR YOUR OFFER FOR I AM MASTER HERE AND MORE.”
“I offer you more than that Great One, I offer you power in contest. The delicacies I speak of no lightly is raw magic. Arcana that make this entire realm seem pale and dry.”
It gave pause at this. It's giant eyes gazed down on me hungry in it's appetite and it was quiet.
“The spells I have casted here are but offerings compared to the greater that you can gain in the Fields of Justice. Serve me and you will gain a feast in rewards beyond your imagining.”
“I SERVE NO INSECT.”
I waited.
“YOUR SUGGESTION IS AGREEABLE YET KNOW THIS MORTAL. IN THE END, I SHALL FIND YOU WANTING AND YOU WILL BE DEVOURED WITH THE WORLD YOU HAVE OFFERED. FOR THIS IS MY WILL AND ALL WILL LEARN FEAR FOR I AM CHO'GATH.”

Thus Runeterra will now know terror and the Fields of Justice shall know the instrument of my revenge ...

(Upvote if you liked it. Downvote if you didn't. Feel free to comment/criticize. This was obviously meant to be part of a series so if people want more, I'd probably writ the next chapter as well)

Daisy Ann

11-10-2011

I liked it ! And I want another chapter!

KissBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2011

Thankies ^_^ and grats on getting the top ten cosplay! I'll probably do the next chapter this Sunday.