Dominion Tier List and Analysis

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TB Once

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichar View Post
@original poster: you are almost certainly a better Dominion player than I am, but I will attempt to make a case for Soraka anyway. Soraka doesn't fit your existing set of roles very well. She makes the whole team better while being a pretty decent pusher / holder herself. It's true that if we define it strictly by your roles, she is only Tier 3 (because others are better runners / holders). However, any champ with a global ability automatically deserves consideration on Dominion. A Soraka that knows when to Wish can easily turn the tide of any fight anywhere on the board. This makes her suited to hold bottom while still applying indirect pressure elsewhere. As a bottom holder, her Infuse and Starcall combinations allow her to hold her own against other bot champions. I've seen a lot of players be really successful with Soraka on Dom, and having played as and against her myself has given me a healthy respect for what she can do. I recommend placing her in Tier 2.
I'll keep my eye on Soraka, she does seem to be a rather capable solo bot holder. While she does provide some neat team support, you ultimately have to consider the opportunity cost of what you're losing by not playing another champion.

A global heal is nice, but with a 120 second cooldown you're only likely to make effective use of it 3-4 times a game. Without that ult, she's basically a tanky AP caster, who doesn't deal burst damage. She's also very vulnerable to certain assassin champions, namely Kassadin or Poppy, since her astral blessing doesn't provide magic resistance.

I think she's a strong tier 3, in that she's a great pick, but doesn't fit all comps, and is outshined by a number of bot lane champions, such as Heimerdinger, Kog'Maw and Urgot.

Vydelar

11-08-2011

Oncewasblind, you are misjudging the build that a soraka would use. That cooldown on wish isn't 120 seconds... It's 72. Also, the main build that I personally use is Tank Soraka/bot lane, letting me use sustained damage to it's fullest. As for Kassadin/Poppy jumping someone and melting face... well, that's more of a counter the champion, buying more mr than armor. I can say that a good soraka can force more than her fair share of people to deal with her, because of the sustained pressure she puts on a lane which honestly is fairly massive.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

Why the hell is Shyvana even on the list when Udyr and Skarner exist? There's literally no real reason to pick her over them.

TB Once

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydelar View Post
Oncewasblind, you are misjudging the build that a soraka would use. That cooldown on wish isn't 120 seconds... It's 72. Also, the main build that I personally use is Tank Soraka/bot lane, letting me use sustained damage to it's fullest. As for Kassadin/Poppy jumping someone and melting face... well, that's more of a counter the champion, buying more mr than armor. I can say that a good soraka can force more than her fair share of people to deal with her, because of the sustained pressure she puts on a lane which honestly is fairly massive.
www.leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Soraka

Base scaling on Wish is 120/110/100 seconds. Also picking Kassadin/Poppy isn't a counter, it's just a good pick that also happens to be a very good counter to Soraka. Any AP assassin would be, which is a major problem for her, and which is why I listed her as tier 3.

TB Once

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobocop View Post
Why the hell is Shyvana even on the list when Udyr and Skarner exist? There's literally no real reason to pick her over them.
I hate to give away my tricks, but alright, I'll bite. Try an attack speed build on her, and play very aggressively at the starting fight. For example, start with Berserker's Greaves, a Dagger, and one health potion. Put two points into W, one into E. Her damage output at level 4 with this build is absolutely insane, and it's not uncommon to get an early triple or quadra kill.

In order for this to work you have to be very good at timing and watching for when the enemy team blows their abilities. It's like double dutch, jump in at the wrong time and you'll get wiped out, but at the right time? Success.

Udyr cannot do this, Skarner cannot do this. I haven't found another champion in the game who can do this as reliably as I have with Shyvana - Sona comes close with an early Sheen and capping her Q first. She has burst damage of +350 between her Q, autoattack and Sheen proc - but even that pales in comparison to a skillful initiation with Shyvana.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

AS shyvana is about as good as AS caitlyn and she's not a noteworthy champion on dominion. in fact she's rather bad because there are many more mobile champs on dominion and she gets mercilessly kited, or just flat out beaten by superior melee champions like irelia wukong poppy, etc.

Stez007

11-08-2011

Not a bad list, but there should be a note that this is (correct me if I'm wrong) focused on the 4v4 top-lane matchup and not so much the 1v1 bot lane matchup, which has its own set of variables and strong champions. For example, Yorick is undoubtedly a tier 1 bottom lane champion (for what that's worth) but only average in the top lane matchup.

TB Once

11-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
AS shyvana is about as good as AS caitlyn and she's not a noteworthy champion on dominion. in fact she's rather bad because there are many more mobile champs on dominion and she gets mercilessly kited, or just flat out beaten by superior melee champions like irelia wukong poppy, etc.
Well, I already posted two screenshots that say otherwise. Maybe you're just not playing her right?

I'm 11-0 with Shyvana in ranked 3's (look me up, I'm in the top 100), and I find that she's nearly just as strong in Dominion.

aim1essgun

11-09-2011

What's with all the downvotes flying around. List isn't going to be perfect but this guy seems to have a great attitude about taking feedback and having an open mind, and he's definitely more than competent at Dominion.

TB Once

11-09-2011

Thanks for the support aim1essgun! =D

1234567 ... 8