Dominion Died Out?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lolkoopa

11-08-2011

For me Dominion is still as fun as when it was first released. I don't play much SR anymore. I've played tons of MOBAs that were released using WC3, ranging Dota to anime styled ones and I'm tired of playing the classic AoS map. I quit LoL for awhile and started playing again shortly before Dominion came out. If Dominion wasn't released I probably would have quit LoL again. It's just really different than SR and that's the reason why I love playing it.

FDru

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondrelle View Post
I mean yea. it was cool, but it's not as strategic as SR. You aren't planning ganks and stuff really
Then you're extremely bad at Dominion. Congrats.

This thread paints a perfect picture of why nobody should comment on a game mode they've only played a few times.

LordJerichoSwain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Then you're extremely bad at Dominion. Congrats.

This thread paints a perfect picture of why nobody should comment on a game mode they've only played a few times.
"a few times" in league of legends is equal to about 100.

"This build rocks"

"really? Why"

"I carried so hard"

"Do it 99 more times"

"****, i keep loosing"

SlithyTove

11-08-2011

I love Dominion. Ever since the Dominion beta i've played it exclusively and never looked back. Now i'm not going to say I didn't enjoy SR I just enjoy Dominion more.

Dominion is a more pure experience if you ask me. Although Dom games are shorter there seems to be more "fun" in it. In SR there is so much last hitting, zoning, etc which are highly skilled activities that really add strategy to the game but just aren't fun for me. Both modes have an equal amount of strategy if you ask me Dominion just has a different type.

For someone with a family and a full time career I just don't have that much time to game any more. I need a game mode that's fun and fast and Dominion is it.

Phourc

11-08-2011

Another dominion QQ thread from General? Either that or people come here just to troll, sheesh...

AstaorthX

11-08-2011

To me, i might not be a Seasoned Vet or a DOTA fan boy and in love with sr but i started in august with no background in this gamestyle, SR is NOT PVP....i dont think playing ***** for 15 minutes farming minion kills trying to avoid getting out numbered is NOT PVP.

PvP to me is fighting from start to finish and that is what CS is. PvP from start to finish, changing builds as the game progresses, no indefinite strategy wins the game. SR feels to robotic to me....buy starting item last hit minions and gank until a hyper carry holds the team together so you can team push mid.

And for those of you who think it only appeals to new players. My brother has played DOTA since WC3 and played HoN and now plays LoL and likes it way better than SR. And so do alot of my friends who previously played DOTA and HoN. SR is old news and is too slow paced and boring

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

I find it still fun to play *shrug*

I even play MORDEKAISER who is considered underpowered and still do decent enough

MayhemLikeMe

11-08-2011

Roar dominion

Highdollar hoe

11-08-2011

I am still curious where the stats are about dominion giving more IP than SR does ..

Ansre

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highdollar hoe View Post
I am still curious where the stats are about dominion giving more IP than SR does ..
It's the same IP structure of SR, but with faster games.

There's a base amount of IP given for playing, plus linear scaling IP per minute; the fastest IP rates are achieved by accruing as many flat bonuses as possible.

If IP per minute scaled exponentially, then SR would probably have a better IP rate, but that could easily be abused by not ending games quickly, and putting the burden on the losing team by giving them linear scaling (to give them incentive to end it) is punitive.

They could lower the base value given per game, though it may be lower already.