Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion Died Out?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

11-08-2011

Quote:
Dondrelle:
Majority of players play more SR though. It was fun at first, but wore off for a lot of people.

Because all of the players came here for SR. Why would the majority switch from a game that they have played and enjoyed for years?

For those of us who enjoy Dominion, however, it is very clearly not dying out.

Esarius

11-08-2011

The obvious imbalances make me turn my back on Dominion. It's nice if you're short on time, or want to do something while your friend finishes a match.

SivartStoneheart

11-08-2011

The mechanics are all ****ed up. It should dry up and die.

zydoll

11-08-2011

I still enjoy it, but if I'm playing with friends, I'm more likely to play SR just because the games feel a lot more epic at the end. Dominion is way better for when i'm playing solo, though. It's also great for trying out new champs because even with the nerfs you can still get a semi-decent build going and see how you like it.

Ytinasni

11-08-2011

Quote:
Xiao:
I really like Dominion. Slowly farming passively all game is boring. I want to go fight NOW!

This, I think they should revert the gold/xp changes and keep the death timer nerf, I don't care all that much about the "balance" persay in an unranked game with regards to hypercarries because if they have 2-3 hyper carries it doesnt matter if you lose because it only took 10 mins and oh well, I've spent more time in Q for SR because of dodges and leavers than I have playing and completing a dominion game.

JacKetamine

11-08-2011

Quote:
Khourey:
For 90% of the player base. The other 10% who plays it we will shun them forever when riot tries to balance the game with dominion in mind.

Ugh, I hope they don't...

FrankyCentaur

11-08-2011

I still love and play Dominion. It's a great addition to the game... having said that, I would of rathered a new 5v5 SR type map like Magma Chamber.

Ansre

11-08-2011

It's all I've played pretty much since it's been released.

I didn't much like dominion at first, but after playing it for several weeks I think I'd find SR too slow.

Quote:
Esarius:
The obvious imbalances make me turn my back on Dominion. It's nice if you're short on time, or want to do something while your friend finishes a match.
It could be more balanced than you think.

I see too many people trying to force champs into working on dominion. Just because your support Soraka is 100% fail on dominion doesn't make it imbalanced per se.

CCC Powerhead

11-08-2011

Most of AP carries i like to play are useless, so i get bored soon from dominion.
hurr jax+shaco+poppy+akali+rammus free win durr.

Highdollar hoe

11-08-2011

the whole lack of IP ruined it for me ...