Dominion Died Out?

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devinstater

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

Newer players I recruit all seem to love it.

RiotFpMcgee

Associate QA Strategist

Follow RiotFpMcgee on Twitter

11-08-2011

I really enjoy it when I play, but I probably do 75% on SR.

jerzy

11-08-2011

Died out? If anything it seems like Riot is gearing up to introduce a ranked mode for Dominion.

Regardless, it's pretty much all I play ever since it was released. I like it, a lot.

Selvayen

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Yi View Post
if i wanted something fast paced with objectives or flags id play CoD or bf3
This.

I don't play League of Legends to mindlessly kill people and pretend I'm strategizing by holding different spots. The thing about dominion that I don't like is that everything is reactive, instead of proactive. I feel the entire game I am always have to react to what is going on instead of being able to make my whole plays as I do in SR.

Rondrelle

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzy View Post
Died out? If anything it seems like Riot is gearing up to introduce a ranked mode for Dominion.

Regardless, it's pretty much all I play ever since it was released. I like it, a lot.
Majority of players play more SR though. It was fun at first, but wore off for a lot of people.

Nyahbinghi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

I love how some of you say it died out when it's just as popular than SR, you can tell by the queue times that are as long as SR's most of the time, at least at lvl 30.

Esaru

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devinstater View Post
Yeah, it's a very casual-friendly noob mode because it overlooks a lot of the intricacies of SR and the steep learning curve associated with it. The gaping flaws in Dominion are not as easy to see as a new player.

Ultra GX

11-08-2011

yes -.-
it was just hype, was more fun in closed beta, but now I prefer playing classic more than anything.

Edit: Riot should have made more classic maps rather than a whole new gameplay, Dominion is just not "lolish" enough.

Rondrelle

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devinstater View Post
That just makes me think Dominion is for noobs lol.

Healcannon

11-08-2011

i knew it would never catch on in a competitive scene even though everyone told me it would. im like why bother to learn a new game and work hard on that when theres not even a scene for it. ive played 2 games max and lost both. honestly it just felt rigged. so easy to have unbeatable champs in that game or speed abusers. really ruins the fun. AB in wow is 10x more fun and the players there understand when its time to push and when its time to hold. dominion is like lets see who can steal more from each other. it doesnt feel like theres any strat involved outside of rammus vs master yi

12345678 ... 9