The egg came first.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NetherGate

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKelley View Post
Okay, I specify 4 billion BC. Prior to the use of eggs as reproductive mechanic.
And Im pretty sure chickens havent been around longer than that, easy math. Thanks for the post.

ForgedLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2011

Creation Point of View: On the (#) day, God created the animals of the land. On the 6th day, God created man. As a result, we can infer that because an egg takes more than 5 (the maximum possible time difference) for an egg to hatch, that God created a chicken, rather than an egg.

Evolution Point of View: In evolution, the first organisms were created by a meteor carrying little micro organisms that evolved over time into the animals we see today through ASEXUAL reproduction. Asexual reproduction is an exact duplication process that does not involve any form of fertilization. Furthermore, when sexual reproduction came to be, they were all mammals. The trait of fertilizing a fetus outside the womb was developed later. Therefore, the chicken came from the egg

GG bro. Logic'd

NetherGate

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedLife View Post
Creation Point of View: On the (#) day, God created the animals of the land. On the 6th day, God created man. As a result, we can infer that because an egg takes more than 5 (the maximum possible time difference) for an egg to hatch, that God created a chicken, rather than an egg.

Evolution Point of View: In evolution, the first organisms were created by a meteor carrying little micro organisms that evolved over time into the animals we see today through ASEXUAL reproduction. Asexual reproduction is an exact duplication process that does not involve any form of fertilization. Furthermore, when sexual reproduction came to be, they were all mammals. The trait of fertilizing a fetus outside the womb was developed later. Therefore, the chicken came from the egg

GG bro. Logic'd
I'm sure some people would agree with you.

Necks

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedPheonix View Post
So what came first? The chicken or the egg? The egg of course![/B]
The chicken.

Genesis 1, verses 20 and 21 include the words:

"And God said: ... and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky. So God created ... every winged bird according to its kind."

So, the first chicken (or its common ancestor) was born as an animal - not from an egg.

For me, the pan came first. Then the vegetable oil. And THEN the chicken/egg. And finally, in my stomach.

Narcomancer

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
The chicken.

Genesis 1, verses 20 and 21 include the words:

"And God said: ... and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky. So God created ... every winged bird according to its kind."

So, the first chicken (or its common ancestor) was born as an animal - not from an egg.

For me, the pan came first. Then the vegetable oil. And THEN the chicken/egg. And finally, in my stomach.
Well if it was the ancestor of a chicken, the egg came before the chicken....

Narcomancer

11-13-2011

I think the egg came out of a kangaroo!

KrupsMcGee

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
Actually how it happened is a single cell organism divided but the result was mutated into a amphibious chickensaur, which climbed onto land, then he mitosised into a land chickensaur who immediately layed an egg, but the egg mutated into a chicken. But this happend over the course of hours, it wasn't really fast.

So the egg came before the chicken but really the chickensaur came first.

NetherGate

11-14-2011

Like I said, I dont really care if this thread is downvoted, not all that much work went into it clearly. But cause and effect in dominion is not a bad point of discussion for understanding the metagame in dominion. Perhaps there are some Ive overlooked. If so, my own metagame understanding would benefit from learning those things.

FusionDreams

11-14-2011

It is neither the chicken nor the egg.

It was a single cell or multiple cells.

Everything evolves from cells. Remember that middle school/elementary/high school/college biology?